Daggerfall:A Peace Offering
- Talk to a Noble.
- Head to the city the noble mentioned.
- Meet the contact in the palace
- Give the contact the jewelry within the time limit and collect your reward.
Speak to a noble, who says:
- "I have a mission of some diplomatic importance. A gift of peace that needs be exchanged. As a favor to me, would you bring my gift to my friend, (contact's name)?"
The noble goes on:
- "Very good, (player's first name). Now, listen carefully: take this (jewelry) to the palace in (town) and find a (contact's description). That will be (contact's name). (He/She) will be expecting you, and will likely reward you for your trouble. You'd best be on your way. Do not fail me, (player's first name)."
The noble answers:
- "Is it the price, the inconvenience, or the lowliness of the mission that irks you, (player's first name)? No matter, I can easily find another (player's race) interested in furthering his political standing."
Agent of Peace
This quest is nothing but an opportunity to earn a lot of reputation with a particular noble with little effort. No enemies will show up during this quest; simply travel to the city mentioned by the noble and deliver the jewelry to your contact in time. For this very simple and easy task you will get a bonus of +20 reputation with the noble as well as a random amount of gold. The contact will be at the city's palace, which is open from 10:00 to 18:00.
Upon addressing the noble's contact, you will be told:
- "Did (quest giver's name) not give you something for me? Damnation, if this is one of (his/her) tricks ..."
But when you hand over the jewelry, the contact will be pleased and give you your reward while saying:
- "Oh, what a lovely (jewelry). It's from (quest giver's name)? Well, perhaps this was just a misunderstanding after all. Here's (random gold) gold for your good services, (player's first name)."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Noble you got the quest from||+25|
|Noble's associated factions||+12|
In case you don't deliver the jewelry in time you will lose reputation according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
- If you keep the jewelry, it will remain in your inventory and won't vanish once the quest is over, as is usually the case for quest items.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I hear (contact's name) is considering breaking allegiance with (noble's name)."
- "(Noble's name) better do something to cement relations with (contact's name)."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Noble's name) and (contact's name) seem more estranged than ever."
- "I wouldn't be surprised if (contact's name) and (noble's name) broke ties altogether."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Contact's name) is supposed to be very pleased with the present from (noble's name)."
- "Thank (god's name) (noble's name) got that (jewelry) to (contact's name). Could've been nasty."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Ah, it's my agent of peace. How goes it with you, my friend?"
- "(Oath), if it isn't my favorite courier. How are you doing?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "By failing to bring (contact's name) the (jewelry) you promised to get, you've made my peace plans rather more difficult, (player's first name). Out of my sight."
|A Peace Offering (r0c10y13)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (noble's name) has given me (random gold) gold to go to (town) palace to bring a peace offering, a (jewelry) to (contact's name). I must be there in (time limit) days or less.|