(Click on any item for details)
Blessing of Zenithar
Alchemy description: You haggle for <mag>% better prices for <dur> seconds.
Enchanting description: Prices are <mag>% better.
Fortify Barter increases your barter ability, effectively increasing the amount of money you receive when selling items and decreasing the amount you have to pay to buy items. Fortify Barter does not have any effect on other Speech activities (e.g., persuasion and intimidation checks).
A separate effect, Fortify Persuasion, increases your overall Speech skill, which means it also improves your barter ability. Strictly in terms of barter ability, Fortify Persuasion is less effective than a Fortify Barter effect with the same magnitude. However, to maximize your barter ability you will want to include any Fortify Persuasion effects that add to your active effects without replacing a Fortify Barter effect, most notably The Gift of Charity blessing.
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a potion of Fortify Barter:
The following items use this effect. You can learn how to enchant custom items with Fortify Barter if you find one of the following items and disenchant it:
- All Necklaces of Haggling
- Includes the enchantments of Minor Haggling, of Major Haggling, of Extreme Haggling, of Eminent Haggling, and of Peerless Haggling.
Artifacts and unique items that use the effect but cannot be disenchanted include:
- Amulet of Zenithar
- Blackguard's HoodDB
- Cicero's Clothes
- Guild Master's Hood
- Jester's Clothes
- Masque of Clavicus Vile
- Shahvee's Amulet of Zenithar
- Thieves Guild Hood
- The Blessing of Zenithar provides 10% Fortify Barter.
- The Blessing of MephalaDB provides 10% Fortify Barter.
- Although custom and generic Fortify Barter enchantments can only be used for necklaces, most of the unique items with this effect are worn elsewhere. These items provide the only way to wear multiple Fortify Barter-enchanted items at once.