(Click on any item for details)
Alchemy description: For <dur> seconds, items are enchanted <mag>% stronger.
Fortify Enchanting increases the strength of your Enchanting. It works by directly modifying the Enchanting skill level, contrary to what the description suggests. With alchemical support, it is possible to create stronger enchantments than those found on stock gear and weapons in the game, and stronger than those you would be able to create with an Enchanting skill of 100.
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a potion of Fortify Enchanting:
- Ancestor Moth WingDG
- Blue Butterfly Wing
- Chaurus Hunter AntennaeDG
- Dreugh WaxCC (2.0×)
- Hagraven Claw
- Spawn AshDB
- Spriggan Sap
- Stoneflower PetalsCC (2.0×)
Items to Enchant
The Fortify Enchanting effect is not available for enchanting.
- Wearing exactly four relics of Ahzidal will grant the ability Ahzidal's GeniusDB that increases Enchanting skill by 10 points. One of the rings from Ahzidal's set may be worn in addition to three armor pieces to make up the count of four.
- Choosing the ability Seeker of SorceryDB from the Black Book The Sallow Regent will increase the strength of all enchantments by 10%.
- As with Fortify Smithing and the smithing tables, Fortify Enchanting effects do not last long and time runs in realtime while using the enchanter – often only long enough to enchant 1 to 2 items, and not if you dawdle. You can open the console to pause the game while you look over the available enchantments for the item you have selected. Another pausing technique is to enter the item-rename phase of the process (F hotkey by default in the Windows version) after selecting item, soul gem, and any enchantment.