Online:City of Ash I
|# of Zones||1|
|Green's Marrow, Greenshade|
|Veteran Speed Run Target||20 mins|
Not all Wood Elves are happy about Valenwood joining the Aldmeri Dominion. Some fear for their beloved forests, while others fear their heritage and traditions will be diluted or replaced. A few groups have retreated to refuges deep in the jungle.
Formerly known as the graht-oak city Whisper Grove, a recently opened Oblivion Gate and hordes of Daedra have turned the Bosmeri city into a dangerous burning ruin. The city's desperate inhabitants have even resorted to breaking the Green Pact, constructing barriers of fallen wood to stem the flow of invading Daedra.
See also: City of Ash II
- City of Ash Objective: The City of Ash is under attack. / You helped the Bosmer repel the Daedric invasion.
- Pledge: City of Ash I: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the City of Ash I.
City of Ash Pledge: Explore the City of Ash and return Undaunted.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
- Dremora Berserkers, Hauzkyn and Kynvals
- A Dremora Shaman and Berserker
- Dagonite Warriors, Assassins and Archers
- An Initiate, Assassin and Acolyte Exemplar
- Flame Atronachs
- Golor the Banekin Handler, a Bosmer cultist
- Dark Ember, a flame atronach
- Rothariel Flameheart, a Bosmer cultist
- Infernal Guardian, a lurcher
- Warden of the Shrine, a dremora
- Razor Master Erthas, the Bosmer leader of the Dagonite cult
- Burning Vestige, Vol. I by Warlock Endil — A study focusing on Mehrunes Dagon and his supposed attack on a clan of witch-hunters
|Set Name||Bonuses||Location(s)||Set Type|
2 items: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Magicka
|City of Ash||Light Armor|
2 items: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Stamina
|City of Ash||Medium Armor|
2 items: Adds 28-1206 Maximum Health
|City of Ash||Heavy Armor|
1 item: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Magicka
|City of Ash I||Monster Helm Sets|
There are seven Achievements associated with this dungeon:
- In Patch 1.6.5, all Imps were replaced with Scamps.
- Before dungeon scaling was introduced in Update 5, Normal City of Ash was designed for levels 28–31, and Veteran City of Ash was designed for Veteran Ranks 1-4. Until the Veteran Rank increase in Update 7, Veteran City of Ash did not scale like the other dungeons.
- Prior to Update 12, City of Ash I was only available in Normal mode, and City of Ash II was only available in Veteran mode. These were named City of Ash and Veteran City of Ash respectively.