Skyrim:Fall of the Space Core, Vol 1
|This article or section includes content from a crossover with Portal. Therefore, its canonicity within the Elder Scrolls is inherently ambiguous.|
Fall of the Space Core, Vol 1
|Items||Space Core, Dovahcore Helmet|
|Released||February 7, 2012|
Fall of the Space Core, Vol 1 is an official mod for Skyrim created by Valve and Bethesda, in celebration of the release of the Steam Workshop. It was made available exclusively on the PC on February 7, 2012 alongside the Creation Kit and High Resolution Texture Pack. It can be downloaded for free from the Steam Workshop. The mod was not officially made available for the Special Edition.
- To celebrate the opening of the Steam Workshop for Skyrim, Valve and Bethesda have teamed up to bring you the Portal 2 Space Core mod, which will let the aggressively space-centric little robot tag along on your adventures in Tamriel.
- Also, since Skyrim was the only major release of 2011 without Nolan North in it, you should consider this mod a patch to fix that problem. You can now feel free to include Skyrim in the "Nolan North" section of your video game library, which is to say, your video game library. —Steam Description Page
The add-on adds the titular Space Core to the game. To find the Space Core, go to the ruined house west and a little north of the Western Watchtower, outside of Whiterun . The best way to find it is by starting at Whiterun Stables and going directly west from there. When you've passed the Western Watchtower on your left, the Space Core will suddenly plunge from the sky and crash into the ruins, setting them on fire. The player may then carry the Space Core, or place it in their inventory. The Space Core will say a single line of dialogue each time it is activated, or when idle, with many lines referring to the land and events of Skyrim.
The Space Core can be taken to the Atronach Forge in The Midden and placed on the pedestal to power the forge. If an ingot of Refined Moonstone (or a piece of Moonstone Ore) and an Iron Helmet are placed in the offering box, a Dovahcore Helmet will be created. The Dovahcore Helmet can then be improved at the workbench through Smithing by characters with the Arcane Blacksmith perk using a Refined Moonstone ingot.
|Dovahcore Helmet||xx003321||5||512||15||Heavy Armor.|
|Space Core||xx0012ca||3.1||256||Constantly animated. Says a line of dialogue each time it is activated, placed in inventory, or when idle. If blasted hard enough (e.g. by AoE spells or a Giant's club), the Space Core will be launched back into space and removed from the game.|
- There are two new loading screens added by the add-on. One reads:
- Space Spheres, also known as the Spheriphem, are natives of space, and will cajole adventurers to help them return to that comforting void.
- The other reads:
- Space is the thing you see above Tamriel when you're walking around outside with your head tilted back.
- The Space Core weighs 3.14, which is a simplified version of pi. This is rounded down to 3.1 in game.
- The item values are powers of 2 commonly used in computing.
- Attempting to place the Space Core on the Atronach Forge while in possession of the Sigil Stone will duplicate the latter.
- To place the Space Core, you will need to drop all Sigil Stones from your inventory.
- After a prolonged period outside the inventory, the Space Core may stop idly talking. It will still talk upon interaction.
- This can be fixed by placing it on the Atronach Forge pedestal.
Space Core Dialogue
These lines of dialogue will randomly be said by the Space Core:
- SPACE! (x3)
- Wanna... oh, oh, wanna master the arcane arts... in space? Yeah, arcane arts in space.
- Archery. Hmm. Smithing. Hmm. Don't need 'em. Go to space. Space. Only skill you need.
- What's your favorite thing about space? Mine is space.
- Space. Trial. Puttin' the system on trial. In space. Space system. On trial. Guilty. Of being in space! Going to space jail!
- Dad! I'm in space! I'm proud of you, son. Dad, are you space? Yes. Now we are a family again.
- Space space wanna go to space yes please space. Space space. Go to space.
- Space. Space. Wanna go to space.
- Ba! Ba! Ba ba ba! Space! Ba! Ba! Ba ba ba!
- Oh. Play it cool. Play it cool. Here come, here come space cops. Here come space cops.
- Help me, space cops. Space cops, help.
- Going to space, going there, can't wait, gotta go. Space. Going.
- Better buy a telescope. Wanna see me. Buy a telescope. Gonna be in space.
- Going to space.
- Ba ba ba! Ba ba ba ba ba! Ba ba ba! Space!
- Gonna be in space.
- [humming] (x2)
- Let's go - let's go to space. Let's go to space.
- Atmosphere. Black holes. Astronauts. Nebulas. Jupiter. The Big Dipper. The Big Dipper!
- Ohhh, the Sun. I'm gonna meet the Sun. Oh no! What'll I say? 'Hi! Hi, Sun!' Oh, boy!
- Look, an eclipse! No. Don't look.
- Hey hey hey hey hey!
- Hey. (x5)
- Oo. Oo. Oo. Lady. Oo. Lady. Oo. Let's go to space.
- Oh I know! I know I know I know I know I know - let's go to space!
- Oooh! Ooh! Hi hi hi hi hi. Where we going? Where we going? Hey. Lady. Where we going? Where we going? Let's go to space!
- Lady. I love space. I know! Spell it! S, P... aace. Space. Space.
- Oh oh oh oh oh oh. I know I know I know. Wait wait. Wait I know. Wait I know. I know wait. Space.
- Are we in space yet? What's the hold-up? Gotta go to space. Gotta go to space!
- Love space. Need to go to space.
- You are the farthest ever in space. Why me, space? Because you are the best. I'm the best at space? Yes.
- Space Court. For people in space. Judge Space Sun presiding. Bam. Guilty. Of being in space. I'm in space.
- [humming] Space! (x2)
- Going to space. Going there. Can't wait. Gotta go. Cannot wait. [moaning]
- Happy to carry your burdens. Okay. To space. Go to space.
- Dad, dad I leveled up. That's nice, son. Dad, are you dragons? Yes, I am all the dragons. Knew it.
- Hey lady. Hey hey hey lady. Hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey lady. You don't look so good.
- Dragons? Dragon! Space space. Go to space.
- Oh I know I know I know. Space. Yeah, yeah, go to space.
- Some people call me space junk. Space space. Me, I call me treasure.
- Lady lady where we going? We going to space? Yeah yeah let's go to space.
- Hey, level up, go to space. Around here somewhere. Keep looking.
- Hey, hey, level up Speech. Talk people into going to space. Plenty of room.
- Wanna go home.
- Wanna go home wanna go home wanna go home wanna go home wanna go home.
- Space, best place. All the time. No dragons, just space.
- Okay, okay, Spaceborn. Yeah yeah I am the Spaceborn. As foretold... in space!
- Space. I wonder what's up there. Uh, Big Dipper. Little Dipper. Atmosphere. Black holes. Dragons! Oh no, no, yeah, no dragons, just space.
- So, so where we going? Where we going? Hey, hey. Where we going? We going space?