Madness ore is a substance that is only found in the Shivering Isles. As part of The Antipodean Hammer quest, you can take Madness ore to Cutter and she will fashion it into Madness armor and Madness weapons free of charge. Madness Matrices can additionally be used to create enchanted armor and weapons. Madness ore can be found in containers or on creatures.
See the Lore article for general information.
Madness Ore Deposits
Madness Ore Deposits are containers that only contain Madness ore. All of these containers are non-respawning; if you revisit a dungeon, no new Madness ore samples will appear in the Madness ore deposits. Madness ore deposits are mostly found in ruins, specifically in the following ones:
- 1: Aichan — A small ruin on The Laughing Coast where the law-breakers of Mania are sent.
- 4: Cann — A large ruin west of Highcross containing heretics and hungers (quest-related).
- 1: Xaselm — A large ruin east of the Gates of Madness that is the sanctum of Relmyna Verenim, containing monsters (quest-related).
- 1: Xavara — A small ruin in the middle of Dementia, east of Knotty Bramble, containing Zealots.
- 3: Xeddefen — A medium-sized ruin located inside The Fringe containing monsters and Forces of Order (quest-related).
- 1: Xiditte — A medium-sized ruin in the southern middle of Madgod's Boot containing Zealots.
- 1: Xirethard — A large ruin west of New Sheoth containing Dark Seducers and monsters (quest-related).
The types of containers that may contain Madness ore are:
- In Grummite Dungeons
- In Zealot Dungeons
- 3 in Dulphumph gro-Urgash's house, Deepwallow
- 2 in Shelden's house, Passwall
- 2 in Jayred Ice-Veins' house, Passwall
- 2 in Fetid Grove, Encampment, in a basket
- 2 in Rotten Den, Sanctum, in a broken coffin
- 2 in Blackroot Lair, Tunnels, on adjacent tables
- 1 in Xeddefen, Fane, behind a chest
- 1 in Knotbone Ruins, in the debris near the entrance
- 1 in The Howling Halls, Antechamber, on a counter next to a jewelry box
- 1 in Aichan Prison on top of a chest