Online:Shadow Over Morrowind
Shadow Over Morrowind is the seventh main story arc of Elder Scrolls Online, following on from the Legacy of the Bretons. It is an overarching story which spans multiple content updates in the form of DLC, Chapters, and free quests, covering the entirety of 2023's content releases and beyond. Details of the plot were officially announced on January 25, 2023.
It is a multi-year story arc and will presumably continue with 2024's content releases.
Due to the multiple content releases involved in Shadow Over Morrowind, there are no prerequisites for completing these quests and they can be done in any order. However, they do follow a chronological order as listed here.
- Scribes of Fate Storyline —
- A War of Scribes: A usurper has taken control of the Scribes of Mora.
- Unstuck From Time: Investigate a temporal disturbance at the remote Telvanni settlement of Bal Sunnar.
- Necrom Chapter Prologue
- Necrom StorylineTemplate:ESO NE —
Influencers received a letter from Leramil the Wise in advance of the Necrom reveal. When held under a blacklight, the symbol of Hermaeus Mora is revealed.
- The title of this story arc is a reference to H.P. Lovecraft's short story The Shadow over Innsmouth, which the genre of cosmic horror—this story arc's theme—is heavily influenced by.
- An early Crown Store description for the Eye of Fate prologue refers to it as "the year-long story" Secrets of Apocrypha, which was likely a working name for the arc when it was meant to span only throughout 2023.