The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
- The Sapling: Help save the Argonian's Hist tree in Ebonheart.
When spoken to, he will respond with one of a few somewhat insane phrases, presumably caused by licking Hist sap:
- "Triangles. They taste like silver. Like water. I never knew."
- "Don't make me breathe. There are spores in the air! Huge clouds of them. Can't you see them?"
- "Ha ha! Now it's orange. Can you see it? You must see it."
- "Worms. Worms in the ground. They swim through the earth like fish.
They're everywhere. The lizards dance inside them."
- "I can feel the spores on my fingertips. Can't wipe them off. Have to eat them off.
Someone get me a knife. Please!"
- "Don't take my shoes. My toes might grow into the earth."
- "I feel so hot. The mud outside was so cool. Could I go lie down in it?"
- "It's all connected. They're all connected. They hide it from us, but I can see it now."
During the quest, after he's been caught by the Hist Tree:
- What were you doing to the Hist?
- "What did I do? What did it do to me? I see. I feel. I'm awake.
- I touched it. It smelled like flowers and black earth. It tasted like rain and summer wind and the deepest green."
- You... tasted the tree?
- "He said the tree's sap would be better than skooma. He was right.
- He said the Argonians might be angry. Do you think they're angry? To me they always look angry. It's the teeth."
- You had a bottle. What was in it?
- "He gave me the bottle. Said it was for the tree. I thought it was skooma. I tasted it- it was bad. I fed it to a lizard. He didn't like it either. He died.
- The bottle broke! How can I fill it with sap?"
- Someone encouraged you to do this? Who?
- "I never saw him before. I asked him for coin to get skooma.
- He was a Dunmer. Someone called him... Bravil? Weevil? Wabbajack? Rhavil! That's it."