The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
- The Sapling: Help save the Argonian's Hist tree in Ebonheart.
First encounter: (If your character is not an Argonian)
(If your character is an Argonian)
- "I erect the spine of distress, egg-sibling. We have need of your aid, but I'm sure you already felt it as you approached.
- We have a Hist here, and it's dying."
- What's wrong with your Hist Tree?
- "It's dying. It was never healthy. This isn't Black Marsh, after all, so in the last few weeks, it's withered.
- We've learned that House Dres is poisoning it. It's not enough to have enslaved us for generations. Now they want to carve our hearts out."
- What can be done to save your Hist?
- "The best we can do is fertilize it. We're using mudcrab meat wrapped in ashreed. Both are common around the quarter.
- We've also set guards around the tree to keep the Dunmer away."
- I'll collect some fertilizer for you.
- "Some of our people heard a Dark Elf talking to others of his kind. He asked if they'd seen the Dres rowing out to our Hist Tree. He saw jars of poison in the boat.
- That's not hard to believe."
- Why would the Dark Elves do this?
- "The Dres have always regarded Argonians as little more than savage children.
- We needed to be "civilized" so they "uplifted" us by putting us to work as slaves on plantations and in mines. No more. Now we speak beside them in the council."
- 'Who was this Dark Elf?/Who was the Dark Elf who claimed the Dres poisoned the Hist?
- "Rhavil Urano. My people overheard him at the inn. He was drunk and talking too loud.
- No one spoke to him directly. It's never been wise for an Argonian to confront a Dark Elf, especially lately. We're far from Black Marsh."
- It sounds like none of the Argonians actually saw the Dres, the boat, or the poison.
- "No, but it's not difficult to believe, is it?
- The Dres think we're little more than animals. But the Pact freed us. What they can't enslave, they destroy."
When you finish collecting the fertilizer:
- "Yes. I erect the spine of apology. While you were away, we caught a Dark Elf defiling our Hist.
- Please, apply the fertilizer you've gathered to the base of our Hist. As long as I am with you, the guards will let you through."
- Tell me more about the Dark Elf you caught.
- "One of the guards is escorting him to my lodge.
- He seems half-mad. he was doing something to the tree. And apparently, he is of House Dres."
- Let's go to the tree now.
After fertilizing the tree:
- Zasha-Ja: "It is done. Meet me back at my lodge."
Speaking with Zasha-Ja in her home:
- If another player doing this quest is come across whilst doing this quest, the second instance may appear as Argonian Slave. [verification needed — see ]