Oblivion talk:Knights of the Thorn
The Dark UI is indicating to me that there is a "next rank" of Knight-Errant in this faction. Does it actually exist, and if so is it attainable? 126.96.36.199 04:52, 12 April 2007 (EDT)
- Yes, there is a rank of Knight-Errant, and that is the rank held by all the NPC members of the faction (except for Pumpkin, the dog). Other than console cheats, there is no way for the player to obtain that rank. --NepheleTalk 12:11, 12 April 2007 (EDT)
I need a second opinion on whether or not the "Thorn Shield" should be included on the main page or not? It does relate to Knights of the Nine, but is actually only found in Shivering Isles. If the purpose of that section is to list new items introduced by KotN, then the Thorn Shield is inappropriate; if it's to list any items related to KotN, then it's fine. For now, I've reverted my own removal of it, pending further opinions. --Robin Hood (Talk • E-mail • Contribs) 18:51, 25 June 2008 (EDT)
- Assuming by "Knights of the Nine" you mean "Knights of the Thorn" ;) I think the shield belongs on this list. We don't have a separate page devoted to the Knights of the Thorn in the Shivering namespace, and don't really need one to document a single person and a couple items. Adding the information to this page seems like the best way to organize the information. There are other examples where SI information has been added to Oblivion articles (e.g., Oblivion:Alchemy Effects), generally in cases where merging the SI and Oblivion information seems to be the most useful way to present the information.
- Also, since the Knights of the Thorn are part of the original Oblivion content, the purpose of the page isn't to document items added by a mod. Rather it's just to document all of the information related to this faction. So I don't think that including SI items here introduces unnecessary confusion, as long as the items are tagged as being SI items. Towards that end, I've added SI superscripts to Pyke and his shield--although the Shivering Isles information was there before, the SI superscript is more consistent with how SI content has been flagged on other pages. --NepheleTalk 19:41, 25 June 2008 (EDT)
Finding the Deceased KotTs
Would it be useful to have a paragraph on the main page detailing the locations of the five Knights of the Thorn who were killed inside the Cheydinhal Gate? I've located four of them -- one by the Gate when you enter, one inside the first tunnel, one outside the second tunnel, and one on the bridge -- but can't track down the last one. Wordmama 11:24, 25 April 2009 (EDT)Wordmama
- Yes... that would probably be a useful addition. As for the fifth knight... there isn't one. Although eight "Fallen Knight of the Thorn" NPCs are defined, only four are actually placed in the world. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 06:49, 30 April 2009 (EDT)
- Ah. In that case, I'll stop looking for that last guy. --Wordmama 16:13, 2 May 2009 (EDT)
- theres also a knight of the thorn living in the shivering isles (see shivering isles quest list)
- They are not present until the related quest begins and you find them in Oblivion. --Timenn-<talk> 11:51, 19 January 2010 (UTC)
I'll try to explain as best I can. All right, there were 7 knights, 2 of them survived the attack on the gate, 4 died in the plane of oblivion and one had the sense not to go in the gate. Hope that helps explain. :) Xeroph 20:08, 29 January 2010 (UTC)
- ...And there is also Pyke, the 8-th Knight. Even if there is said about 7. - ZuTheSkunk 16:32, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
Hello, I came across a bit of a strange bug, if you leave the quest "Wayward Knight" uncompleted, complete the main storyline (which manually closes all Oblivion gates), Farwil and Bremman will be standing outside the entrance of Riverview (building in Cheydinhal), Farwil will act normally when speaking to him, when I talk to Bremman he says "What's wrong with you?! Farwil may have been a pain in the rear but that was no reason to slay him! etc."
I still received the usual rewards from the father of Farwil, I got the Medallion, but I can't enter the Knights of the Thorn lodge, so I technically have all the rewards there is to being a member, yet I am not a member (though Farwil acts if I am).
I have all patches installed, though this is minor, I am curious to know how and why this happens besides the fact that I closed an Oblivion gate manually by completing the main questline, thanks for taking the time to read this. --Dremora Lord 14:29, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
What about Duke?
Hello, I was wondering why this wiki shows the fact that the dog Pumpkin is in the Knights of the Thorn faction, and even has its own page, but there's no mention of the dog Duke, who actually lives in the KotT lodge? In the Construction Set, it says that he's in the faction, like Pumpkin. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 19:48 on February 16, 2011
- Actually, Duke does not appear in an unmodded game, despite existing in the Construction Set. I assume it is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch or other patching mod. --DKong27 Talk Cont 00:55, 17 February 2011 (UTC)
kotT in lord of souls
in lord of souls there is a mention of kotT on page 205, and it's led by Ilver indarys.--John142 03:21, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
When I was exploring Cyrodiil I come across the Knights of the Thorn Lodge, and I've never even started the related quest (not on this save anyway), and when I walk inside - despite the fact I'm trespassing and the porter tells me I'm doing so - talking to him will make him say "As the newest member of the Knights of the Thorn, I bid you welcome!" Even though I've never done the related quest. (However I did on a completely different character). Could anyone else confirm this? AcE x EPiiCzZ 13:22, 20 August 2012 (UTC)