|This page is currently being redesigned for the Oblivion Places Redesign Project (OPRP). The page needs in-game walkthrough(s) to go along with the maps and content lists. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Needs in-game verification. See the OPRP project page for explanation of what needs to be done to complete the verification process.
|# of Zones||1|
|Eye of Nocturnal|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Southeast of Leyawiin, on the coast of Topal Bay|
- This cave can be fully explored before starting the related quest. However, the quest object (the Eye of Nocturnal) will not exist until you have started the quest.
- Inhabited by leveled trolls identified as "Kalperklan Trolls" (and "Azhklan Trolls" outside). Depending upon your level, these trolls can be much stronger than normal trolls. Strangely, all Kalperklan Trolls carry several sets of calipers. Use the water to your advantage if you are struggling with them.
- If you are trying to complete the Shivering Isles quest Work is Never Done, the trolls in this cave can be a useful source of calipers.
- This cave contains 2 Cairn Bolete plants.
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel 25, -42
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Tidewater Cave (editor name TidewaterCaveMapMarker0001). The entrance door is ENE of the marker, 10 feet away.
- 2 Azhklan Trolls (leveled variety of troll) are near the entrance
- 1 Imperial Legion Forester is near the entrance
- 0-2 Mud Crabs are near the entrance
- 1 Nirnroot is at location N on map
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 5 Clouded Funnel Cap plants, 10 St. Jahn's Wort plants, and 4 Stinkhorn plants
Zone 1: Tidewater Cave
This is a very straightforward dungeon. Head down the hall and find two enemies. Heading down another will lead you to an open area containing three trolls, the quest item, and a chest. You may wish to head north as well, as you can get a small and large treasure chest; you must kill five trolls to get to them.
This zone has sections that are underwater.
- Eye of Nocturnal at location Q on map (only appears after related quest has been started).
- 1 Chest 01
- 1 Chest 02
- 1 Chest 04
- The following weapons will always be found: 1 Iron Longsword
- The following plants will always be found: 2 Cairn Bolete plants
Doors and Gates:
- There is one door (at Out) in/out of this zone, leading outside
- 1 bedroll at location b on map