|# Plants||351 Total (5 in Tamriel, 279 in planes of Oblivion, 67 in caves in Oblivion)|
The ingredient Harrada comes from the plant "Harrada Root", which is a plant native to the planes of Oblivion where it grows both outdoors and in caves. There are actually 4 varieties of this plant, all of which yield the same ingredient. Two of the varieties are passive whereas the other two will attack if you approach too close (even if you are invisible). The attacking varieties are found as upright plants outside, but in caves they are found placed upside down, i.e., they hang from the ceiling of the caves. The passive varieties are identified in the construction set as "hanging" varieties (although the attacking varieties can also hang upside down); these varieties differ from the attacking ones in that they hang over the edge of a rock or ledge, instead of just hanging straight down.
Normally Harrada Root plants are not found in Tamriel, however they take root outside of three Oblivion Gates. Even after those gates are closed (and even after the Main Quest is completed) the Harrada Root plants remain present and can be harvested. Alchemists may want to ensure that these Oblivion Gates are among those that open, by traveling through these cells at a few stages during the Main Quest.
2 guaranteed samples can be found in the following places:
- 1 sample is in the Elder Scrolls Library in the Imperial Palace
- 1 sample is in the Skingrad Mages Guild Living Quarters
It can also be found randomly in the inventories of alchemy vendors.
- 47 plants are in the Kvatch Oblivion World visited during the Breaking the Siege of Kvatch quest.
- 46 plants are in the Bruma Oblivion World visited during the Bruma Gate quest.
- 28 plants are in the Cheydinhal Oblivion World visited during The Wayward Knight quest.
- 22 plants are in Random Oblivion World 2 (which is also the world accessed by the gate that opens outside Chorrol).
- 21 plants are in Peryite's Realm.
The Oblivion Gates in Tamriel where Harrada will take root are:
- 3 plants are in exterior cell (7, 0)
- 1 plant is in exterior cell (-16, 20) Chorrol. . This is the gate that opens outside
- 1 plant is in exterior cell (-39, 4)
People who have downloaded the Wizard's Tower official plug-in will also be able to find 9 domesticated plants in the Alchemy Garden; these will not attempt to attack you when you approach them.
- Harvested Harrada samples have very odd physics. Dropping them when parallel to the ground causes them to bounce very high, about the same height as a house. Dropping it from a higher area produces better effects, but looking up or down stops this effect from happening.