|Location||Chorrol Mages Guild|
|House||Alberic Litte's House|
|Available||7am-11am, 1pm-6pm, 9pm-12am every day|
|Faction(s)||Guild for Mages (Associate ); Chorrol Citizen; Litte Family|
After waking up at 7am, he spends one hour in the guild basement before starting his daily activities. Between 8am and 6pm he will be found reading a book from the guild library, although he will break off at 11am to spend two hours with his wife Carmen in their house. At 6pm, he eats a three-hour dinner with his fellow guild members on the second floor of the Guild hall. He will spend the last three hours of his day wandering around the basement before bed at midnight.
He wears very peculiar mix of lower and upper-class garments: the cheap but rare green robe and the costly green velvet shoes. He also carries his house key, a Mages Guild key, his book, and a sizable amount of gold.
He doesn't wield any weapons, relying instead on a set of low-level spells from all of the magical schools. These are also the same spells that you can buy from him cheaply since his Mercantile is a mere 7. He will be available for both his spell-selling and training services when not eating, sleeping or taking his trip home.
When you first approach him, he will greet you by saying: "I am Alberic Litte of the Mages Guild. I am pleased to make your acquaintance." And he will point you towards Athragar for spells: "If you're skilled enough, Athragar has a rather powerful frost spell for sale. Very effective, but dangerous to the inexperienced." Although he doesn't comment on his ability in Conjuration, his wife will do it for him: "Are you a student of the Arcane Arts? My husband, Alberic, is an Advanced Trainer in Conjuration at the Mages Guild."
During the Fingers of the Mountain quest, he'll give you some information about Earana and Teekeeus' relationship, as well as their personalities: "She's nothing but trouble. She went to the University long ago, but was expelled from the guild. Caused all kinds of trouble while she was there. I think Teekeeus was the one who finally blew the whistle on her. That'd be just like him too; always playing by the rules." Furthermore, he gives a clue to what this quest might be all about: "Doesn't that have something to do with the Ayleids, and magical control over the weather? I think that's the rumor I heard."
As an advanced trainer, Alberic can provide you with the necessary reference for the Conjuration Master Training quest. Once your Conjuration skill level reaches 70, speak to him, and choose the "training" option, which will trigger the quest and this dialogue: "I've heard that there's a powerful conjurer off in the woods someplace, worshipping Molag Bal. Olyn Seran, I think his name was. I personally wouldn't go looking for him myself, but you might keep it in mind if you ever run across him."
- Alberic tells you that Athragar has "a rather powerful frost spell for sale"; however, the only thing frost-related in his spell list is Summon Frost Atronach, which seems unlikely to be what Alberic meant, but it is still an expert level spell.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
He sells the following spells:
|Defend||Apprentice||43||Shield 15% for 30sec on Self|
|Ease Burden||Apprentice||35||Feather 50pts for 240sec on Self|
|Open Easy Lock||Apprentice||29||Open Easy Lock on Target|
|Bound Boots**||Novice||24||Bound Boots for 20sec on Self|
|Bound Dagger||Novice||21||Bound Dagger for 15sec on Self|
|Bound Gauntlets**||Novice||16||Bound Gauntlets for 20sec on Self|
|Bound Helmet||Novice||24||Bound Helmet for 20sec on Self|
|Turn Undead||Novice||11||Turn Undead up to level 3 for 30sec on Target|
|Bound Greaves**||Apprentice||54||Bound Greaves for 45sec on Self|
|Bound War Axe**||Apprentice||58||Bound Axe for 15sec on Self|
|Repulse Undead||Apprentice||29||Turn Undead up to level 7 for 30sec on Target|
|Summon Ghost||Apprentice||55||Summon Ghost for 25sec on Self|
|Summon Scamp||Apprentice||60||Summon Scamp for 20sec on Self|
|Summon Skeleton||Apprentice||45||Summon Skeleton for 40sec on Self|
|Summon Zombie||Apprentice||50||Summon Zombie for 30sec on Self|
|Flash Bolt||Apprentice||52||Fire Damage 20pts on Target|
|Command Creature*||Apprentice||38||Command Creature up to level 2 for 30sec on Target|
|Command Humanoid*||Apprentice||48||Command Humanoid up to level 2 for 30sec on Target|
|Commanding Touch*||Apprentice||43||Command Creature up to level 3 for 30sec on Touch|
|Major Life Detection||Apprentice||30||Detect Life in 60ft for 20sec on Self|
|Remote Manipulation||Apprentice||28||Telekinesis 10ft for 20sec on Target|
|Soul Trap||Apprentice||60||Soul Trap for 20sec on Touch|
|Heal Major Wounds||Apprentice||61||Restore Health 25pts on Self|
* Indicates spells which cannot be purchased from anyone else, though spells with the same effects at different magnitudes can be purchased elsewhere.
** Indicates spells with effects which cannot be purchased anywhere else.
- The magicka cost for most purchasable spells matches the value you would calculate from the Spell Cost equation. In other words, if you were to create the same spell at the Spellmaking Altar, it would have the same magicka cost as the purchasable spell. There are a few exceptions. Spells that are a bad deal, i.e. more expensive than a custom spell, are in red; spells that are a good deal are in green. The magicka cost if you were to create a custom spell at the Spellmaking Altar is shown in parentheses.
- The magicka cost for spells is dependent upon your skill in the school (as modified by Luck, see Magic Overview). The provided baseline values are the magicka cost when your skill level is 33. For other skill levels the magicka cost can be determined from:
Cost * (1.4 - 0.012 * Skill)
- More powerful spells cost more to buy, have a higher skill requirement, and consume more Magicka.
- Level indicates what skill level you must reach (or surpass) in order to use a spell. Skill Level 0-24 = Novice, 25-49 = Apprentice, 50-74 = Journeyman, 75-99 = Expert, 100 = Master.
- The base cost in gold that you must pay to purchase a spell is always three times the current magicka cost of the spell, taking into account your character's skill level and Luck. (The actual cost you pay is further increased based on how well you haggle with the merchant.) Therefore, if you have any Fortify Skill or Fortify Luck spells/potions handy, you can get significantly better deals when purchasing spells.