(Click on any item for details)
Telekinesis M feet for D seconds.
Allows you to manipulate objects from a distance. You can open containers and interior doors, pick up objects, or operate switches from far away. The magnitude determines that maximum distance from which you can interact with objects.
- This spell can be used to avoid trapped chests and doors. Instead of using Security and a probe, you can set the trap off from a distance, and then dodge the effects. This will not work on doors that transport between cells, however.
- This spell effect is also useful for stealing objects for characters with low Sneak skill, in cases where getting close enough to take it normally would cause you to be seen.
- You can use lockpicks, probes, and on-touch Lock and Open spells and enchantments on distant containers and doors.
- Lights can only be picked from a distance while your inventory menu is open. Books, scrolls, and notes can't be touched from a distance at all.
- This bug is fixed in OpenMW.
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to make a potion of Telekinesis: