|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Sellus Gravius (chargen captain)|
|Home Town||Seyda Neen|
|Location||Census and Excise Office|
|Essential||Unofficially (see notes)|
|Faction(s)||Imperial Legion (Knight Errant)|
Sellus Gravius, an Imperial Guard officer, is an emissary attached to the Census and Excise Office in Seyda Neen, and a Knight Errant of the Imperial Legion. He is the last person you speak to before leaving the Census and Excise Office in Seyda Neen at the beginning of Morrowind. He takes the release papers that Socucius Ergalla gave you and gives you a letter, some coin for your pocket, and a package for Caius Cosades. Aside from his natural abilities to charm and to absorb fatigue from others, he knows no spells. If you have installed the Siege at Firemoth official plugin, he is the person to talk to in order to start the quest.
- Report to Caius Cosades: Deliver a package to Caius Cosades in Balmora.
- Siege at Firemoth: Battle an army of skeletons to recover an ancient shield.
- Voice: "Your papers, please."
- [Release Identification has been removed from your inventory.] "First, let me take your identification papers. Thank you. Word of your arrival only reached me yesterday. I am Sellus Gravius. But my background is not important. I'm here to welcome you to Morrowind."
- "I am Sellus Gravius. My background is not important. From time to time it is my duty to welcome certain visitors to Morrowind."
- "Who are you? Where are your papers?"
- "Your timing is excellent. I am looking for someone to lead a band of adventurers to Firemoth Fort."
- "What is the situation with Firemoth Fort?"
- Background: "I am Sellus Gravius, and Knight Errant of the Imperial Legion."
- Balmora: "Balmora is north of Seyda Neen. The road passes Pelagiad village and Fort Pelagiad, crosses a deep ravine, passes Fort Moonmoth, then turns west across the Odai River and into Balmora. The South Wall cornerclub is in southeast Balmora, on the east side of the river. For more detailed directions, talk to Elone the Scout at Arrille's Tradehouse here in Seyda Neen. But take my advice. You're new here. Take the silt strider to Balmora. Fast, cheap, safe. Cross the bridge and head east. Can't miss it."
- Caius Cosades: "Report to Caius Cosades in Balmora. I can't tell you where to find him, but you are to go to the South Wall Cornerclub and ask for him. Someone there can direct you to him."
- [Directions to Caius Cosades has been added to your inventory; Package for Caius Cosades has been added to your inventory; 87 Gold has been added to your inventory.] "This package came with the news of your arrival. You are to take it to Caius Cosades, in the town of Balmora. Go to the South Wall Cornerclub, and ask for Caius Cosades -- they'll know where to find him. Serve him as you would serve the Emperor himself. I also have a letter for you, and a disbursal to your name."
- "You know your duties. Take that package to Caius Cosades in Balmora."
- "This Imperial fort offshore to the west was captured years ago by the undead horde of Grurn, who literally marched out of the ocean and overran the garrison there. The survivors were forced to leave behind the Ward of Akavir, and I'm looking for someone to lead a group to retrieve it. Are you up for it?"
- "It is imperative that you return the Ward of Akavir to me. We must avenge our humiliating defeat there."
- No, not at this time. "Not the answer I was hoping for. I hope you reconsider."
- I can lead this group. Show me the way. "Excellent. Head out back to the dock. You'll meet your crew there. Talk to the boat captain about the trip to Firemoth. May the Divines go with you, and with our blessings."
- Imperial: "I'm proud to be an Imperial. Through our legions and rule of law, we've brought peace and civilization to the provinces of Tamriel."
- law in Morrowind: "Theft, Trespass, Assault, Foul Murder, and Contempt are serious crimes; criminals pay compensation or serve sentences of punitive labor. If you commit a crime, turn yourself in to any guard and pay your fine. If you don't have the gold, you'll have to do punitive labor. Take my word for it. You don't want to do punitive labor."
- Morrowind: "Yes. You're in Morrowind. I don't know why you're here. Or why you were released from prison and shipped here. But your authorization comes directly from Emperor Uriel Septim VII himself. And I don't need to know any more than that. When you leave this office, you are a free man. But before you go, I have instructions on your duties. Instructions from the Emperor. So pay careful attention."
- my trade: "I am a Knight Errant of the Order of Ebonheart, and an Imperial emissary attached to the Census and Excise Office here in Seyda Neen."
- Silt strider: "Silt striders carry passengers and cargo between settlements on Vvardenfell. Fares depend on distance to be traveled. Silt striders are giant insects. A compartment for passengers and cargo is hollowed from the creature's shell; the driver directs the beast by directly manipulating exposed organs and tissues. Silt striders travel between Ald'ruhn, Balmora, Seyda Neen, Suran, Gnisis, Molag Mar, Maar Gan, and North Landing near Vivec."
- the Empire: "Yes, of course this is the Empire. This is Vvardenfell District of the province of Morrowind. And Morrowind has been part of the Empire for over 400 years. The current emperor is Uriel Septim, 24th of the Septim line. You haven't been in prison that long, have you? Nothing wrong with your head, is there? The men said you were acting a little strange when brought you in from the ship."
- Uriel Septim: "Yes, Uriel Septim is still the emperor. According to my instructions, he personally authorized your release from prison and your delivery here. It's all very mysterious. But that's the way the Empire works. Silence. Secrecy. Let not the left hand know what the right hand is doing."
- Ward of Akavir:
- "It's an enchanted shield made from the skin of a dragon. The Legions hold this priceless artifact in high regard. It must be retrieved from Firemoth Fort if we are to preserve our honor."
- "You have found it! After these many years, at last this ancient emblem of the Legions' honor is restored. Here is your reward of 3000 gold, with my thanks, and your valor shall be noted in my dispatches to the Imperial City. Safe travels, my friend."
- Although Sellus Gravius is not marked as essential, killing him before the end of the tutorial will render further progression impossible.
- Sellus Gravius is an emissary and Knight Errant in the Imperial Legion, but Socucius Ergalla refers to him as a captain in a dialogue line: "Take your papers off the table and go see Captain Gravius."