|This place page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|# of Zones
|Console Location Code(s)
|Bitter Coast, [-7,-4]
Ashurnibibi is a shrine to Malacath on a small peninsula northwest of Hla Oad. The ruin has been taken over by Orc kidnappers. You'll have to travel here to rescue Joncis Dalomax in an Imperial Legion quest for Imsin the Dreamer in Buckmoth Legion Fort. The shrine also contains a few skill-improving books. There's also a quest available from the Daedra Prince Boethiah nearby, but you'll have to dive deep underwater to find him (west and a little north of Ashurnibibi - not in the underwater passages inside Ashurnibibi). There are lots of critters in the water, and they seem just to keep coming. Unless you are an Argonian, you may want to water-walk. Look for the shattered statue, unless you want to explore the sunken ruin.
At the entrance inside, there's a few campfires. Beyond the fires, there is a short portion of swimming required. Right before entering the shrine area, there's a small stone chest, which contains an Ancient, rusted Daedric Key along with a Sneak skill book, the 36 Lessons of Vivec, Sermon 26, a leveled probe and standard potions of water breathing and levitation.
On the altar you can find a ruby, a piece of raw ebony, an emerald, and a cursed Daedra's heart. The left side of the altar is guarded by Rolfish, whereas the right side by Durgash. On Durgash' side there are a few scrolls, potions, and skill books for Destruction (The Horror of Castle Xyr) and Alchemy (Game at Dinner). There's also an urn containing scrolls next to stone table.
Behind the altar is a locked (45) and trapped door, behind which Joncis Dalomax is being held hostage. Further down is another locked (70) and trapped door, which leads back to the entrance, only this route requires levitation, or water walking along with improved acrobatics.
- Boethiah's Quest: Restore the glory of this forgotten Daedra Lord.
- Durgash gro-Rushub carries an Ancient daedric Key which opens a locked (45) and trapped door, behind which Joncis Dalomax is being held hostage.
- There is another Ancient, rusted Daedric Key in a small underwater chest (in the room before the statue) in the Shrine which opens a back door to the room where Joncis is, accessed through a flooded tunnel.
- On the altar you can find a ruby, a piece of raw ebony, an emerald, and a cursed Daedra's heart.
- The two Orcs outside the shrine might be peaceful when you meet them, their fight values of 80 rather than the typical 90 allows a greater chance of this. However, you must kill the two inside to rescue Joncis.
- Ushug gra-Olurba offers medium training in Acrobatics, Light Armor, and Sneak if she is non-hostile or successfully calmed.
|Carries an Ancient daedric Key
|Imperial Legion (Knight Errant)