|Vykosa as seen circa 2E 582|
Moon Hunter Keep
Vykosa the Ascendant was a Khajiit huntress and Werewolf Lord who, according to a legend, was a first turned, one of the original select few beings that were afflicted with Lycanthropy directly by Hircine[UOL 1] in the Merethic Era. She had the ability to control other werewolves, and assembled an enormous pack with plans to conquer all of Tamriel. She kept giant dire wolves as pets.
Sometime before 2E 582, Vykosa formed the Moon Hunter Pack and took over Moon Hunter Keep, which was initially a fortress of the Silver Dawn, an organization dedicated to hunting down werewolves. From there, she plotted to take over Nirn, exact revenge on Hircine, and take down anyone that stood in her way. She gathered one of the largest werewolf packs known at the time, consisting of both willing and unwilling members. Many werewolves heard tales of her pack defeating the Silver Dawn, and flocked to Vykosa under the pretense that there was safety in numbers. In their minds, it would be far more difficult for prospective hunters to kill them if they joined Vykosa's swelling ranks.
Vykosa possessed the ability to bend the will of most werewolves, and enslaved many of her victims, forcing them into her ranks. She was able to further empower her followers after enthralling the Silver Dawn's resident werewolf expert at the time, instructing him to research ways in which werewolves could be empowered or altered. Vykosa found a way to transform werewolves into hulking monsters through the use of inhumane experiments. When a werewolf behemoth transformed, they grew far larger and stronger than their unaltered kin, and would prove to be nigh unstoppable warriors should they survive the process. Vykosa's plot was foiled in 2E 582 by the Undaunted, who entered Moon Hunter Keep, destroyed her pack and killed her. Her severed head was kept as a trophy.
- Vykosa the Ascendant's appearance in ESO
- A Cure for Lycanthropy — Archivist Ernarde of the Silver Dawn
- Sage Svari Answers Your Questions — Sage Svari
- Adonatus Varian's dialogue in ESO
- Presence of Ary and Zel by Vykosa's side in ESO: Wolfhunter, and her referring to them as her pets in dialogue
- The Hungry Cat's Curse — Vykosa the Ascendant
- Letter to Mylenne — Vykosa
- Rolea's Journal — Rolea
- Log No. 321: Unexpected Results — Archivist Ernarde of the Moon Hunter Pack
- Events of Moonlight Ascent in ESO
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.
- Twitch Stream of The Elder Scrolls Online: Wolfhunter First Look, time stamp 16:34-17:02