|Location||Moon Hunter Keep|
|Faction(s)||Silver Dawn (Former)
Moon Hunter Pack
Archivist Ernarde is an Imperial member of the Moon hunter Pack and the penultimate boss of Moon Hunter Keep, who can be found in the keep's extensive library. Originally, he was part of the Silver Dawn as their chief archivist and had come close to a cure for Lycanthropy, until Moon Hunter Keep was overrun and he was forcibly changed by Vykosa. He is now compelled to turn his talent towards the enhancement of werewolves, no matter how many of the pack die to the horrific experimentation for Vykosa's vision of a werewolf army.
- Moonlight Ascent: Explore an old Silver Dawn stronghold and deal with the werewolves controlling it.
Skills and Abilities
- A basic ranged attack that deals moderate shock damage.
- Crushing Bubble
- Archivist Ernarde will cast a Crushing Bubble around a random player. The bubble needs to be broken through damage, otherwise it will kill the target.
- Werewolf Enhancement
- At 100, 80, 60, 40 and 20% health, Moon Hunter Cleavers and Strikers will accompany Ernarde. They are on a timer and will transform into Werewolf Behemoths if they are not burned down. They should be dealt with quickly. It is advised that no damage is done to Ernarde while adds are up. Burn down the adds as soon as possible.
- Targeted Lightning
- Archivist Ernarde will choose a random player, and they will be the focus point of a lightning storm which is signified by a red circle outline which rapidly fills in. Get away from other players if this is cast on you. If the ability is cast on another player, try to stay away from them. This ability is not like Siroria's Roaring Flare. You cannot share the damage. If another player stands in the circle when it finishes filling, more damage is dealt to both players.
- Seals of Xarxes
- Every minute or so, Archivist Ernarde will announce that he is going to cast a powerful spell. Various circles marked with colored Symbols of Xarxes will appear around the room. Watch the seals above his head. He cycles from red to green to blue, and will stop on one of these colors. Whenever a color appears above his head, the circles with the corresponding color will pulse with golden light. Whichever color he eventually lands on will glow bright gold. There are always four circles with this colored symbol hovering above them. When he picks a color, the party must run to a circle which is glowing gold, as it will shield them from his spell. Two players cannot be standing on the same circle, you must find your own. One of you will die if you try to stand on the same circle. A good strategy is to have the tank and healer prioritize circles near Ernarde, and for the two dps to try to take the circles in the entryway.
He can be found standing calmly on a dais at the opposite end to the library entrance. When you first enter he will say:
- "I'll make sure to properly document this battle. After your defeat, of course."
If you stand around and not engage him, he will speak occasionally:
- "I've heard you killed quite a few of my packmates. No matter. We can always rebuild."
- "The Silver Dawn was foolish. Weak. Just like you."
- "The Silver Dawn fell, but not I. I became something greater."
- "You may have won against fang and fury, but my magic is stronger than you can imagine."
- "You must be quite powerful to have made it this far. Pity I must kill you."
- Engaging him in combat
- "You shall invade this keep no longer!"
- "You'll be but a footnote in my pack's glorious victory!"
- "You'll fall against my magic and might!"
- Moon Hunter Allies
- "You can cut down our pack, but more will follow!"
- "Siblings, join me in the hunt!"
- "If you will not die, you leave me no choice!"
- Werewolf Enhancement
- "Here, you weak fool! Grow stronger with this!"
- "I'll show you my pack's more bestial nature!"
- "Too weak to fight. I'll just have to make you stronger."
- "If magic won't do, how about fang and claw?"
- Targeted lightning AoE
- "You'll feel the sting of lightning's fury!"
- "Lightning's might flows through me!"
- "The power of lightning courses through me!"
- "Feel lightning's wrath!"
- Crushing Bubble
- "I'll crush you in my trap!"
- "You'll be crushed by magic's power!"
- "Feel the crushing weight of my magic!"
- "My magic will crush you!"
- Beginning Symbol Phase
- "This spell shall put an end to you all!"
- "This spell will put an end to you all!"
- "I'll show you true magic!"
- "It seems a more advanced spell is needed!"
- Cycling through Seals
- "Let's see … which one, which one?"
- "Now then … which should I choose?"
- "Which one shall I choose?"
- Casting Seal of Xarxes
- "The time has come to reveal my true might!"
- "Now you shall face my true power!"
- "Gaze upon true power! Gaze upon your deaths!"
- Group Wipe
- "A valiant effort, though useless none the less."
- "Your corpses shall be useful for my next set of experiments."
- "Have no worries. I shall use your corpses wisely."
- "I applaud your efforts, no matter how useless they were."
- According to research journal, he purposefully infected his commander's husband with lycanthropy so he could get permission to capture Vykosa to create his werewolf cure. Which suggests the fall of Moon Hunter Keep can be traced back to him.
- His experiment log suggests he has been looking for a way to free himself from Vykosa's will and his latest subject may have the answer.