Online:To The Clockwork City
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|A servant of the Dark Elf sorcerer, Divayth Fyr, sought me out to extend an offer. Fyr plans to take a "unique expedition," and requires a heroic companion. (if accepted from Eldrasea Deras)
The famed wizard, Divayth Fyr, has put out a call for aid in seeking a powerful Daedric artifact. I can find him in Mournhold. (if accepted from the Collections interface)
- (optional) Talk to Eldrasea Deras at the Clockwork Crossroads Wayshrine in the Clockwork City, the City Center in Mournhold, the Treasury in Wayrest, or the Treasury of the Tree in Elden Root.
- Seek out Divayth Fyr at the Tribunal Temple in Mournhold.
- Meet Divayth Fyr at the waterfall north of Mournhold.
- Find the entrance to Clockwork City.
- Chase the shadowy assailant through the Escapement.
- Defeat the shadow.
- Reach the Brass Fortress.
- Talk to Proctor Luciana Pullo.
- Talk to Divayth Fyr.
|This page or section is incomplete. You can help by adding to it.
This is currently just a dialogue dump. Needs an actual walkthrough.
For more information, see the help files, the style guide, and this article's .
Divayth: "Ah, you've arrived at last. Come forward, we have much to discuss." (inside the Tribunal Temple)
- "You've arrived. I am Divayth Fyr, wizard-lord of Tel Fyr. I trust no further introduction is necessary?
- I seek a Daedric artifact. It lies hidden in a brass city filled with danger, curiosity, and contradictions. You will accompany me, if you wish."
- What exactly would I be signing up for?
- "A voyage that only a few have ever undertaken. We will travel to Sotha Sil's peculiar experiement - the Clockwork City. I have inquiries to make. You will assist me."
- You know how to reach the Clockwork City?
- "I do. The Tribunes are not so clever that they could hide such a place from me for long. The city is quite close... and also very far away. Just the first of Sotha Sil's many paradoxes. If you choose to join me, be prepared for many more."
- Why ask me to help?
- "The future holds is secrets close, but I have scryed glimpses. Your spirit strides alongside those of anointed kings and heroes. Trust me - you walk the path to power.
- Don't believe me? Good. A healthy dose of skepticism will serve you well."
If you completed the Halls of Fabrication, Divayth will instead refer to this achievement, pointing out:
- "I have not forgotten our romp through the Halls of Fabrication.
- You proved your resourcefulness when facing the Assembly General. Now, you will prove your usefulness again, and receive an appropriate reward."
Regardless, you agree to help him out:
- All right. I'll work with you.
- "Of course you will. Naturally, you have questions. Alas, they will have to wait. Servants of the Tribunal do not look kindly on blasphemous journeys like this one.
- Meet me at the waterfall north of the city. We can discuss the details there."
Heading out of the temple, Divayth reminds you, "Prepare if you must, but make it quick. Time is not on our side."
Once you've reached the waterfall, Divayth beckons you over, "There you are. Come! Here, behind the waterfall!" He then says,
- "My companion arrives at last. Now then, our journey begins in this dreary little cave. Quite a surprise, yes? Believe me, it won't be the last.
- We can speak freely here, but do make it brief. All this natural splendor is just...tedious."
- You mentioned Sotha Sil. Who is he?
- "The Father of Myseteries, the Clockwork God, the Tinkerer, and other such banal titles.
- Sotha Sil, or Seht, is a member of the Dark Elf Tribunal. He reigns over Morrowind as the god of craft and sorcery- the wisest and most reclusive of the Three."
- Do you know him well?
- "Ha! No one truly knows Sotha Sil - not even his hordes of wild-eyed worshipers.
- I studied with him before his ascent, and even then he defied comprehension. His only true peer was Indoril Nerevar. Such a shame what happened to him."
- Indoril Nerevar?
- "Indeed. Saint Nerevar the Captain. Our king and greatest champion for a time.
- He died, tragically, during a journey to the heart of Red Mountain. It was all very sudden. Some believe his retainer, Dagoth Ur, struck the mortal blow. Others ..."
- What do the others think?
- "Some believe that Sotha Sil, Vivec, and Almalexia murdered Nerevar so they could take divine power for themselves.
- Who's to say what really happened? In any event, Sotha Sil emerged from the mountain even more inscrutable than before."
- What do you think happened?
- "I think it's irrelevant.
- The silence of Sotha Sil may come from a place of grief and deep regret. It might be a side-effect of his fierce obsessions. Perhaps both? How he became a god is no concern of mine. I respect his knowledge, nothing more."
- Why did Sotha Sil hide the Clockwork City here?
- "Sotha Sil hides everything. But more to your point, it's not just a city. It's an incomprehensibly powerful world-shaping device. Can't leave that sort of thing lying about, can you?
- Also, Almalexia worries about how it reflects on her divinity."
- "Yes. Sil's fellow tribune.
- A machine can be studied and perhaps understood in time. She fears that by reducing their divinity to a machine, Sotha Sil lessens the mystique of their godhood. To his great credit, Sil largely ignores these concerns."
- What do you hope to find in the Clockwork City?
- "A Daedric artifact. I take a keen interest in all such objects, but this one seems especially significant. You see, nearly everyone who searches for it winds up dead.
- I suspect that someone or something hid this artifact away in the Clockwork City."
- Are you concerned about seeking an object that got other people killed?
- "Other people are not Divayth Fyr. I've not lived this long by shying away from dangerous relics.
- Anyway, if this artifact inspired someone to slaughter scores of mages, it's clearly something worth investigating."
Journey to the Clockwork City
In the "Mysterious Cavern":
- "Hmm. Even draftier than I remembered. Follow me."
- "Welcome to the Dwarven hold of Bamz-Amschend... such as it is. Ironic that Ayem's holy city of Mournhold has Dwemeric roots, don't you think?"
- "Curious. Practically no one knows this route, but this scaffolding looks new. Built by rogue ordinators perhaps? Stay watchful."
- "Sotha Sil always did admire Dwarven industry, albeit quietly. Perhaps that's why he built his city here."
- "This lift will take us to the nethermost depths of the ruin, and to our destination. Come along."
- "On you go. The entrance lies just ahead."
- Seht's Vault
- (Divayth Fyr now has 10.2m health).
- "Do you see, just across the ravine? That's our door."
- "Sotha Sil's factotums still remember me. How touching."
- "I'd say prepare yourself, but nothing can prepare you for what's to come. Touch the sphere. The Clockwork City awaits."
- "What in the .... This is not the Brass Fortress."
- "Someone diverted our passage. Audacious, but foolhardy. When I find them I'll... wait. I feel ... cold."
- (Divayth Fyr's Shadow splits from himself)
- "Back, creature!"
- "My shadow! My power! Don't let it escape!"
- (Factotum Battle)
- "Factotums. They're activating!"
- "Ready your weapons. I will assist you as best I can"
- "More, to the southeast! Make ready!"
- "Fetching scrapheaps... My shadow remains close. We must hurry!"
- (Scrubbing Bore sublocation)
- "Swivel Swords? Wonderful. I'm in no condition to navigate this maze. Go, find a way to deactivate these traps."
Here you have the possibility to speak to Divayth and ask him some questions, although he is rather impatient:
- "Perhaps I failed to impress the gravity of our situation upon you. If my shadow gets away, we may never escape this place. So if you have something to say, say it quickly."
- Was that really your shadow?
- "Yes - and perhaps something more. In removing my shadow our attacker removed some vital part of my animus. My soul, in the common parlance. Without it, my power is severely diminished.
- Needless to say, this will not do."
- Do you know how to recover your shadow?
- "This may surprise you, but I've never had my shadow ripped from my body. Even so, I will devise a solution. Don't trouble yourself with the finer details. Just be prepared to fight. Much will depend on your ability. Do not fail me."
- Do you have any idea what sent us here?
- "Not yet. We should have translocuted directly to the Brass Fortress - Sil's chief municipality here in the Clockwork City. But somehow we ended up here. Vexing."
- How do we plan to get out of here?
- "One step at a time, if you please.
- We need only to find a landmark, or map... or something. Once I determine where we are, it won't take long to find an exit. Just leave that to me. You focus on these traps."
- (Once traps are deactivated) "Well done. Killed by spinning knives is not an epitaph worthy of Divayth Fyr."
- "Now, onward. I'm eager to see what new wind-up absurdities await us."
- (Pneumatic Forge)
- "I recognize this place now. The Pneumatic Forge. We should leave as soon as possible."
- "Sotha Sil constructs his clockwork servitors here- the factotums. They reject anyone who doesn't belong. Someone meant for us to die here."
- (Pneumatic Approach):
- During battle with Divayth's shadow:
- "Stand back. Time to reclaim what is mine."
- "Maliad, khebeit tehir! Devahrokad sint molad!" <-- used by Divayth to reclaim his shadow.
- "Finally. You never know how much you miss a thing until it tries to kill you."
(After reconnected, Fabricants appear)
- "More ridiculous machines? I've had enough of this!"
(Divayth destroys army of them.)
- "Come. We still have a long way to go."
Arrival to the City
When you've finally arrived to the outskirts of the Clockwork City, Divayth comments,
- "Behold, the Clockwork City. Finally. Sotha Sil's Brass Fortress waits at the end of this road."
- "We should go there at once. I'm keen to find out who sent us on that delightful jaunt through the Pneumatis".
- "Follow this road to the Brass Fortress. When you see the wayshrine, veer north... or what passes for north here.
If you have other business to attend to, I'll not stop you. Just meet me at the gates to the fortress when you're ready to proceed."
- Are you all right?
- "Concerned for my well-being? Touching. With time, I should make a full recovery.
- You performed admirably in there. I must admit, I had my doubts. But don't worry - I have doubts about practically everyone."
- Any new ideas about what disrupted our travel?
- I hoped that in reclaiming my shadow, I might catch a glimpse of our adversary or my prize. Alas, nothing. Seems we'll have to conduct inquiries the old fashioned way."
- What was that about your prize?
- "Have you forgotten so soon?
- I came to the Clockwork City in search of a Daedric artifact. Our misadventures in the Pneumatis and this mysterious relic share a common point of origin, I'm certain. Now it's just a matter of rooting it out."
Head to the gates of Brass Fortress. Right at the gates you will be stopped by a slightly hostile clockwork mage Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Divayth Fyr! I warned you never to come back!" She then turns to you, "And you? One of Fyr's lackeys, I take it?" At this point Divayth dryly remarks, "Luciana Pullo. Hospitable as ever. Go talk to her. I'll not waste my time speaking with a petulant toy soldier."
Speak to Luciana, who will be rather suspicious of your intents: "Hold there, friend of Fyr. I am Proctor Luciana Pullo, of the Clockwork Apostles. I don't know how you and this egomaniac breached Lord Seht's celestiodrome, but I won't have non-citizens stirring up mischief in the Brass Fortress."
- How can I become a citizen?
- "Only just arrived and already trying to grease the gears?
- New arrivals must secure an endorsement from a citizen in good standing. I'm prepared to overlook your atrocious choice in companions if you can find a sponsor. Until then, you are tarnished."
- How do I get a citizen to sponsor me?
- "That's for you to find out. Not many citizens will risk their reputation on a green-heeled stranger- and you'll find no comfort from me. Maybe you should confer with the other tarnished over there.
- In the meantime, obey the law. I'll be watching."
- Fair enough.
Reminding Fyr to behave, Luciana takes her leave: "Tread carefully, Fyr. I'll be watching." Speak to Divayth Fyr about the sponsorship. He sighs, "Luciana clearly hasn't lost her charming demeanor. Predictable."
- It seems I won't be welcome in the city until I've found a sponsor.
- "Ah, yes, their bizarre sponsorship custom. I forgot about that little wrinkle. As a friend and peer of Sotha Sil, I come and go as I please.
- I suppose it would be best for you to wait out here. If i need you again, I will find you."
- Can't you sponsor me?
- "I am not a citizen. And even if I were, I'd not waste time wading through their opaque bureaucracy. You've proven yourself to be more than capable. I have no doubt you will figure something out.
- Gain your sponsorship. We will speak again soon."