Online:In Search of a Sponsor
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
|The High Elf explorer, Neramo, and his two associates, Kireth and Raynor, have a plan to win the sponsorship of an influential Clockwork Apostle named Varuni Arvel. We'll need her support to become bonafide citizens of the Clockwork City.|
- Talk to Neramo outside the Brass Fortress.
- Talk to Kireth Vanos.
- Find Raynor Vanos at the Insalubrious Effluvium.
- Collect Explosive Distillate from Firepot Spiders.
- Deliver the oil to Varuni Arvel in the Clockwork Basilica.
- Talk to Neramo.
- Meet Neramo outside the Depository Documatis.
- Search for evidence.
- Talk to Neramo.
- Find Kireth Vanos.
- Record Kireth's conversation with Constable Baldan.
- Talk to Raynor Vanos.
- Talk to the residents of Slag Town.
- Find Kireth in the Mechanical Fundament.
- Search for Lankin.
- Escape the Fundament.
- Talk to Proctor Luciana Pullo.
- Talk to the Clockwork Registrar at the Chancel of Records.
- Talk to Neramo.
Old Friends or New Acquaintances
Following on immediately from the previous quest that took you to Clockwork City, you will need to find a sponsor in order to become a full citizen.
Luckily everybody's favorite scholars - and Neramo - are also trying to gain citizenship. Neramo is the quest giver and he won't appear until you've reentered the area, so it's quickest to enter the Brass Fortress through the gate and then immediately leave back through it. Neramo will be standing by the city gate before the bridge, tucked in to the left.
If you've helped Neramo and the Raynor twins across Tamriel before, they will possess different greetings. The dialogue used in this article assumes you're all strangers.
- "I must say, I'm surprised to find another newcomer here at the gate. Entering the city is no mean feat.
- May I assume that you seek a citizen sponsor? My associates and I find ourselves in a similar predicament. Maybe we can help each other."
- What do you have in mind?
- "Initially, I thought we could rely on my ample charms to win us a sponsor. Unfortunately, the people here tend to value craft over the pleasure of my company.
- Providing some gift or service seems to be the only way to earn a sponsorship."
- Have you found a potential sponsor?
- "Yes, a clockwork apostle named Varuni Arvel. Apparently, she's a member of the Congress of Calibration - the governing body here in the city.
- My associates, Kireth and Raynor, are already working on a plan to earn her trust. Will you help us?"
- All right, we'll work together.
- "This promises to be a fruitful collaboration!
Speak to Kireth who will tell you where her brother is. Raynor is down in the Insalubrious Effluvium, which is the rather oily swamp below the bridge. Follow the lampposts to the right of the bridge which mark a rather rough but safe path to the scholar down below.
After having a little talk with Raynor, he will reveal that he is collecting oil from firepot spiders that the three of them will then present to Provost Varuni Arvel. Not being one for a fight, especially from constructs that shoot boiling hot oil out of their carapaces, you must help him destroy four of the blasted things so he can collect the resultant residue.
They can be found all over the area and respawn quickly, so don't worry if there are other players around. Once that has been done, you must talk to Raynor again to obtain the oil and deliver it to your potential sponsor.
From Oil to Toil
Provost Varuni Arvel can be found awaiting your return at her office within the Clockwork Basilica together with Neramo.
- "Greetings, auxiliary. Is your friend correct? Did you bring an offering?"
- Yes. Explosive oil harvested from dangerous Firepot Spiders.
- "Firepot oil? Tremendous! And you managed to keep all ten fingers. I'm impressed. Thank you.
- Now, to the matter of your citizenship. You're clearly a capable warrior, but in the Clockwork City, mental precision is of paramount importance."'
- How can I prove my mental fitness?
- "A number of outsiders have gone missing in recent weeks. I fear someone might be abducting them or worse, but I have no proof.
- I spoke to your friend, Neramo, and he insists you can gather the evidence I need. Succeed, and I'll sponsor you all."
- All right. Neramo and I will find the proof you need.
- "Try to keep this inquiry quiet, all right? In the Clockwork City, even a small creak in the gears can draw curious eyes."
Speak to Neramo before heading outside to learn more about his plan and what the Depository Documatis. Skeevatons are very good at sorting and parsing information, so Neramo configured one with the necessary key words and concepts in an effort to find relevant documents. You must control it through the pipe ducts of the Depository Documatis and the archives itself.
The skeevaton will locate three pieces of information from the archives. Reading these will automatically count toward the Clockwork Mnemonix, and will be in the Chancel of Records after the quest if you wish to read them and you haven't unlocked Eidetic Memory.
Speak to Neramo again and he will be pleased with your results. You will now need to find and talk to Kireth who has decided to gain evidence of Constable Baldan's corruption. You will need to go into the storage loft and record the conversation with a memory stone before presenting the evidence to Provost Varuni Arvel. At least that is the plan, but even the best laid plans can go awry.
While Kireth tries to incriminate Constable Baldan, he orders his goons to knock Kireth out and she is dragged somewhere. You will need to speak to, and possibly coerce, the Slag Town residents in order to find out where. Make good use of Persuasive Will, Intimidating Presence, or simply good old fashioned bribery.
Kireth has been taken to the Mechanical Fundament, the maintenance and refuse tunnels that exist below the Brass Fortress. You will need to go through the entrance that is inside the Reactor District, as the quest area is inaccessible through the normal entrances near the The Grand Depository.
You will find Kireth just inside the entrance, and she will tell you what happened but refuses to leave until the newcomer before her is rescued. Said person is the Khajiit you saw earlier, Lankin, and you and Kireth must fight your way past all manners of factotums and constructs in order to find him.
Once you do, keep on following the route and go down a hole in the corridor; you will make it to the atrium of the main Mechanical Fundament. Proctor Luciana Pullo and Provost Varuni Arvel have apprehended Constable Baldan.
- Provost Varuni Arvel: "Luciana, I'd like to ask the constable a few questions when we return to the Basilica."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Don't trouble yourself, Varuni. You know how persuasive I can be."
- Provost Varuni Arvel: "I do. That's what worries me."
- Constable Baldan: "Do your worst, you tin-legged hag!"
- Provost Varuni Arvel: "Seht help you if she does, constable."
You will then have to talk to her, who will send you to finally get your citizenship.
- "That fool has no idea what he's in for. Live uncomfortable and learn, I suppose."
- You think he knows more than he's letting on?
- "Oh, most certainly.
- Baldan can't have accomplished all this by himself. Erasing records? Accessing derelict sections of the Fundament? These aren't the acts of a simple mer. Someone helped him. Now it's just a matter of finding out who."
- Do you think he'll talk?
- "I do. One way or another.
- For now, let's celebrate your achievement. You showed initiative, creativity, bravery - all qualities befitting a servant of Seht. You shall have my sponsorship."
- Will you sponsor Neramo, Raynor, and Kireth as well?
- "Of course. Each of them has played a role in your success, and each of them will share the rewards."
- 'Go speak to the Clockwork Registrar in the Chancel of Records. It will add your name to the codices and you'll be one of us. Again, you have my thanks."
- You're welcome.
Feel free to talk to the others around the area before you go to the Chancel of Records. Once you have spoken to the Clockwork Registrar and received your rewards, Divayth Fyr will appear to start the next quest.
- If you have a disguise equipped, it overrides the Skeevaton model, and your character will run through the Depository Documatis instead.
|This Online-related article is a stub. You can help by .|