|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Gavas Drin (gavas drin)|
|House||Office of the Lord Archcanon|
|Faction(s)||Tribunal Temple (Patriarch)|
Gavas Drin, a Dunmer priest, is the Patriarch in the Tribunal Temple in Mournhold. He can be found in the Office of the Lord Archcanon. He scorns Helseth and his royal guard, even more so than you would expect from a Temple patriarch as is evident from his dialogue. He asks you to help Urvel Dulni clean the shrine of the dead.
Gavas Drin wears an expensive shirt, a pair of expensive shoes, and an extravagant robe. He also wields an ebony mace and carries ten exclusive restore fatigue potions with him. Aside from his natural resistance to fire and the sanctuary provided by his ancestors, he knows the spells Blood Despair, Second Barrier, Strong Reflect, and the unique spell Vivec's Wrath. He also possesses the unique ability Almalexia's Shield which grants him the following bonuses: 30% Reflect, 30% Resist Normal Weapons, 30% Resist Paralysis, and 30% Resist Poison.
- The Shrine of the Dead: Explore the Temple Sewers to find and cleanse this forgotten shrine.
- "Hmmm...yes. You are the one that Hler mentioned. Interesting. You are to be of service to our Lady. It is essential, and all would be displeased were you to fail."
- "What is it? Have you settled that business with the Shrine of the Dead?"
- "Yes...have you come to be of service to our Lady?"
- "Ahhh...Fedris sent you to me, did he? You would like to know more about Barilzar's Mazed Band? I suppose I can tell you something."
- "You're to retrieve Barilzar's Mazed Band, are you not?"
- "What is it? I have been told of no tasks that you may perform in the Lady Almalexia's service."
- "I'm afraid that I have nothing for you, %PCName. You will need to speak with the Lady Almalexia if you have further questions."
- "The Most Blessed Lady Almalexia guides and protects us all. We bask in her glory and are glad."
- "I've not had the pleasure of her company, myself. Perhaps I'm one of the few. I'll say this: she's much loved by the people of the city. They should remember who truly deserves their love and admiration. All praise to our Lady of Mercy."
- Barilzar's Mazed Band:
- "Yes...the Mazed Band. Barilzar himself was a powerful mage...quite powerful, in fact. He created the band sometime in the middle of the Second Era, and soon after disappeared. The purpose of the artifact is unknown to me, %PCName. All I know is that the Lady wants it. I can only assume it will allow her to better minister to her people, though I find that hard to imagine."
- Fedris Hler:
- "Fedris Hler is the Lady Almalexia's Steward. You may find him in his office in the Temple Reception area."
- "Fedris Hler has been found dead! This is a very sad time for us here at the Temple. But, by the Grace of Our Lady, we will find the culprit."
- Gavas Drin:
- "I am the Lord Archcanon Gavas Drin. The grace of the Lady be with you."
- "Helseth is Morrowind's new king, replacing his recently deceased great-uncle, Athyn Llethan. This child king is a fool, raised by Imperials, educated by Altmer. He knows nothing of the Dunmer people. Have you seen his ears? He had them cropped to look more Imperial! He is a fool, and a dangerous one."
- "So, the young king is dead. I'm sure there will be another to replace him soon."
- High Ordinators:
- "The High Ordinators keep the peace here in Mournhold. Only the finest and most devout are chosen to be of their ranks."
- Royal Guard:
- "Young King Helseth's handpicked thugs. Ridiculous that they are allowed to dispense justice in the Lady's city. The High Ordinators do a fine job of keeping the peace around here."
- Sotha Sil:
- "The Lord Sotha Sil is one of the Blessed Tribunal. He is a mighty wizard, and is a source of inspiration for us all." or "The Lord Sotha Sil is a great mage and a member of the Blessed Tribunal. He lives in his Clockwork City, and is rarely seen in Morrowind."
- Talen Vandas:
- "Oh, I knew young Talen. He was a fine young man. And King Llethan loved him like a son. I wonder if the truth about his death will ever be discovered."
- Tienius Delitian:
- "The soldier? I have little use for him. He is concerned only with the physical: how sharp is his blade, how polished his breastplate. True strength comes from within, by the mercy of our Lady."
- "I heard Captain Delitian had been murdered. Such is the way of soldiers."
While Gavas Drin does not believe you about the death of the Tribunal either, he does have a unique response to the news too: "[Anxious, but prepared and controlled.] I'm not sure you understand. The Tribunal are Living Gods -- but that doesn't mean you can come see them any time you want. In happier times, the Tribunal appeared before the people, just like us priests. But times have changed, and no one sees the Tribunal any more. So... of course... you could not have found Almalexia and Sotha Sil 'dead'. That's simply... impossible."