Tribunal:A Show of Power
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak with Lady Almalexia about the End of Times cult.
- Find and speak to Meralyn Othan in the Great Bazaar about the cult.
- Find and speak to Eno Romari outside The Winged Guar in Godsreach.
- Return to Lady Almalexia, talk about Ashstorms in Mournhold, and receive a Powered Dwemer Coherer.
- Enter the ruins of Bamz-Amschend in the statue in the center of the Plaza Brindisi Dorom.
- Use the Dwemer Satchel Pack to open a passage. Make your way to the Skybreak Gallery in the ruins.
- Once in the Skybreak Gallery, use the Powered Coherer to activate the device.
- Use the levers to change the weather until you receive a journal entry.
- Return to Almalexia to finish the quest.
Return to the High Chapel and speak with the Lady Almalexia once again to be offered a task to perform. She tells news of a recently developed cult, End of Times, led by Eno Romari, which concerns the goddess. Many of the members of the cult have been recently found dead in their homes, possibly victims of strong poison, which no magic could cure. You are to speak with Meralyn Othan at the Great Bazaar as her brother Sevil was one of the those killed. Almalexia warns you not to kill Eno, as she fears that he might become a martyr.
Meralyn can be found at the top of the stairs on the East side of the Bazaar. She tells you that the cult is a suicide cult, with no constructive beliefs, and that they can be found often outside The Winged Guar in the Godsreach district. The cult believes that the Tribunal has lost their power and that the end times are near (hence their name). Meralyn believes that Eno is simply a lunatic, preaching to those that wish to listen.
You'll find Eno wearing a white robe just outside the entrance to the Winged Guar. According to Eno, the cult is simply a peaceful group, teaching the path to enlightenment. Talk to him about the End of Times and the Cleansing to receive journal entries. Once you get this information, return to Almalexia.
Return to Almalexia
The Lady is just a little miffed over the arrogance displayed by Eno and seems very intent on making her true power visible. She tells you to travel to the ruins of Bamz-Amschend and activate the Karstangz-Bcharn within it. Once activated, this Dwemer weather machine will cause ash storms and give evidence of her continued power. She gives you a Powered Dwemer Coherer to activate the device.
The Dwemer Ruin
Return to the Plaza Brindisi Dorom and the destroyed statue at the center of it. Climb up on it and you'll see a crack in the floor leading down to darkness as well as a ladder. Click the ladder to begin your exploration in Bamz-Amschend, Hearthfire Hall. There are 14 or so areas that you can explore in this dungeon (listed below) though you don't necessarily need to explore them all to complete this part of the quest:
- Bamz-Amschend, Hearthfire Hall
- Bamz-Amschend, Passage of Whispers
- Bamz-Amschend, Hall of Winds
- Bamz-Amschend, Hall of Wails
- Bamz-Amschend, Radac's Forge
- Bamz-Amschend, Passage of the Walker
- Bamz-Amschend, Kings Walk
- Bamz-Amschend, Skybreak Gallery
- Norenen-dur, The Grand Stair
- Norenen-dur, The Teeth that Gnash
- Norenen-dur, Citadel of Myn Dhrur
- Norenen-dur, The Wailingdelve
- Norenen-dur, Basilica of Divine Whispers
- You'll find the usual assortment of Dwemer constructs that you'll have to deal with. The variants from the original game should prove no challenge, but watch out for the Centurion Archers who pack quite a punch with their Dwarven Darts
Radac's Forge and Blocked Passage
There is a Dwemer Satchel Packs which you will need. The key to this door is in the room with the broken Dwemer robot, on the desk on the right side. The Passage of the Walker in the same area is not a usual door, but is blocked by a pile of rocks at the end of a corridor. Activate (click) the rocks and you'll be asked if you wish to place the Satchel Charge (if you don't have the satchels, nothing will happen). Place the charge and run while watching the countdown start at 5 seconds. The blast will clear the way and allow you to continue.which has a good amount of treasure locked up behind it in Radac's Forge, including two
Once inside the Passage of the Walker you'll shortly find another pile of rocks that will ask you for a Satchel Charge, leading on to the Daedric shrine Norenen-dur, which you have to explore during The Blade of Nerevar quest. The only NPC of note located deep inside within the Citadel of Myn Dhrur is the powerful Dremora Khash-Ti Dhrur. There is a Daedric Left Pauldron lying by the waterfall in the Wailingdelve area and a nice Dwemer Pneuma-Trap, a soultrap battleaxe hidden among the rocks and some mushrooms. There is also a Daedric Cuirass near the waterfall, on a rock above the Daedric Pauldron.
Bamz-Amschend, Skybreak Gallery
|● "Normal" Mournhold Weather Table ●|
You'll enter this large round shaped room and on the center platform you will find three levers beside a pile of ash (start worrying now). Presumably the levers somehow control the large door-like structure in the North wall. If you try to activate the levers now, you'll receive a message that This lever cannot be used until the machine is powered on. Turn around and you'll find a Dwemer Junction Box which has a strange hole shape, evidence of a missing piece of some sort. Perhaps that Powered Dwemer Coherer that Almalexia gave you would come in handy here. You'll now have to fiddle with the levers behind you until you receive a journal entry about the machine causing ashstorms in Mournhold. Watch the pictures in on the wall in front of you. The correct combination is with the right lever towards you, and the other two away from you. The picture should be the one that looks like an erupting volcano and you get a message saying that this should cause ashstorms in Mournhold.
Each of the eight possible combination has an associated weather pattern, corresponding either to normal weather (which can change) or to a weather constantly fixed to a specific type. Blight storms, snow and blizzard are not possible. If the machine is used to restore the weather to normal, however, Mournhold will have a different weather pattern from what it initially had.
Return to Almalexia
Since her Lady's business is now complete, return to Almalexia in the Temple for her blessings. Talk to Almalexia again for your next quest.
- You will not be able to start the miscellaneous quest Estate Sale after completing this quest and before completing The Mad God (i.e. while there are ashstorms in Mournhold) as Geon Auline's greeting will be replaced with a generic one regarding the ashstorm.
- After activation of the Dwemer weather machine, the trees within Mournhold become wilted, and remain so until the final stage of The Mad God.
- Bloodmoon without the patch interferes with some things in Tribunal, including script on the rocks - they won't blow up. The bug is not present in the Game of the Year edition.
- When you are looking for Meralyn Othan, other NPCs will tell you that she is "toward the West side of the Bazaar", but she is actually at the top of the stairs on the East side.
- The first rock pile in Radac's Forge sometimes won't be passable.
- This can be bypassed using the console command
COC "Bamz-Amschend, Passage of the Walker".
- This can be bypassed using the console command
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|A Show of Power (TR_ShowPower)|
|Index||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||I have spoken with Almalexia about a cult that has formed in Mournhold under the direction of a dunmer named Eno Romari. They are called the End of Times, and Almalexia is troubled by them.|
|20||Apparently, members of the End of Times cult have been found dead throughout the city|
|30||The cult's followers all seem to have been poisoned, but it is not known by whom. Almelexia wishes me to find out more about this group and their leader. I should speak with Meralyn Othan in the Great Bazaar. Her brother was one of the dead cultists. Almalexia has also warned me to take care with Eno Romari, and not make him a martyr for his cause.|
|40||I've spoken to Meralyn Othan. She is visibly upset about the death of her brother, who she says was a sort of a lost soul.|
|50||Meralyn Othan tells me that the End of Times is a suicide cult. I should be able to find their members, and perhaps Eno Romari, in Godsreach, near the Winged Guar.|
|55||I've spoken to Eno Romari about his End of Times cult. They believe the power of the Tribunal is faltering, and that a new and frightening age is coming to all of Tamriel.|
|60||Eno Romari has told me more about his End of Time group. He tells me that many of his followers perform a ritual called the Cleansing, which is a form of ritual suicide. I should report this information to Almalexia immediately.|
|70||I have reported my findings on the End of Time and Eno Romari to Almalexia. She was furious, and wishes for me to help her show this group that she is still a powerful goddess.|
|80||Alamalexia would like to demonstrate her power by creating ashstorms throughout the city of Mournhold. Her powers, however, have been expended by caring for her people after the attack on the city. She would like me to travel to Bamz-Amschend and activate the Karstangz-Bcharn, an ancient Dwemer creation said to be able to control the weather.|
|90||I have found the Karstangz-Bcharn, and I was able to activate it. From deep within these ruins, it will be difficult to tell what effect it has had on the city above.|
|95||If I understand the Dwemer symbols on the Karstangz-Bcharn, I believe the machine is now causing ashstorms in Mournhold.|
|100||Almalexia is pleased with the ashstorms created by the Karstangz-Bcharn. The city of Mournhold is strangled by the harsh weather. The decorative trees lining the city streets are dying, and the people are frightened. I can only hope the goddess does not allow this to go on for long.|
|Prev: Helseth's Champion or
|Up: Main Quest Page||Next: The Missing Hand|