Absence of Howls
I'm not exactly sure when it changed, but my Skyrim (on 360) is completely up to date, all DLC, and wolves do not howl, at all, on my game. They definitely used to though. Is this a known problem?
- This lack of howling also persists on the nintendo switch version — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 23:41 on 8 March 2020 (UTC)
Another Pit Wolf
Pit Wolf attacks
- Are you sure voice of the sky hadn't simply expired by the time you encountered the pit wolf? It only lasts for 24 hours, not permanently. --AN|L (talk) 14:57, 1 August 2014 (GMT)
Healing Hands / Wolf / nr Rebel's Cairn
Hello, (Sorry for not logging in; am not here much)
Replaying Skyrim (vanilla/virgin) on PS3. No DLC, no patches...
- After clearing Rebel's Cairn, but before the
- Other nearby Forsworn tower (forgot the name
- but they have a Hagraven w them), I came
- across Wolves.
Firstly, I found FOUR...
- Whether this means that "two sets of" 1-3 wolves
- spawned near enough "AND" Skyrim Wolves
- are programmed for pack mentality.. I have no
- clue.. But thought I should mention it.
I Sneak - a lot - Movarth's Boots n all...
- Running an Elf, so sticking to Light Armor.
- Wolves still heard me nearby, I think, cuz while
- the "Eye" ( <(@)> ) was still closed (--.--)
- & I was "Hidden", they Howled - which is also
- how I pinpointed their location...
- In any case, I dispatched all but one Wolf,
- to borrow it for a bit of Levelling:
- Your typical Blocking & Healing, or NOT
- Blocking (for Light Armor skill), and the odd
- dagger strike for One-Handed..
- It was down to its last health, did the run-away
- -and-return-for-last-bites thing, and I used
- Healing Hands on it, to bring it back up..
- A further exchange (got Rockjoint dammit)
- Healing Hands on it a 2nd time.
HERE'S the ODD THING:
The Wolf STOPPED ATTACKING ME!
- I moved around (also not attacking) and it
- Followed me, still assuming the pre-attack
- stance w low growl, but NO BITING (nor
Anyone else ever "Healing Hands" a Wolf?
Is it possible to "increase disposition" of a Wolf toward you??
- Ashamed to say, in trying to get it to bite,
- I "accidentally" critical-hit Killed it, so didn'
- get the chance to test if it would follow AND
- FIGHT FOR/with/alongside me...
- ...but will try next time I find Wolves.
There's nothing about it here on the Wolf page, so I thought I'd write in.
- Oh, BTW, I'm NOT a werewolf (yet??) & as
- far as I'm aware, didn't suddenly sprout
- any "Wolf-friendly magic"..! ;p
- So can't explain the no-more-biting thing.
- forgot what I used last time I wrote, re
- Movarth's Lair clear-out BEFORE doing the
- Helgi's Ghost bit...
18.104.22.168 13:53, 10 March 2015 (GMT)Rambler (!!)
It seems either the Legendary edition or the Hearthfire DLC places red wolves (one is seen in a loading screen) in levelled lists as one just attacked me while I was about to begin building Lakeview Manor, just thought it might be worth noting. — Unsigned comment by Desterine (talk • contribs) at 19:48 on 18 August 2016
- Can you take an image of it, there's no record of them by that name even by editor id. The only thing I see is Hearthfire's trophy list refers to the normal wolves as Part21WolfRed with ice wolves being Part22WolfIce. Despite this 'red' the listing is for normal wolves. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 19:23, 18 August 2016 (UTC)