|Location||East Empire Company|
|Primary Skills||Alchemy, Enchanting, Smithing, Archery, Light Armor, One-handed, Sneak, Speech|
|Essential||Yes, until the end of Rise in the East|
|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionEastmarch; PotentialFollowerFaction; TownWindhelmFaction; WindhelmCandlehearthPatrons; WindhelmEastEmpireFaction|
Adelaisa Vendicci is an Imperial citizen who works for the East Empire Company in Solitude. She appears during Rise in the East, when she visits Windhelm's East Empire Company office to check on its condition. She later boards a ship with you to assault the pirate gang Blood Horkers, and can be recruited as a follower afterward.
Once the Blood Horkers have been taken care of, she will have a new responsibility to inspect the East Empire Company office. At 7am she walks down the streets of Windhelm for a breath of fresh air. She eats some breakfast at 8am before she returns to work at the office at 9am, staying there for ten hours. At 7pm she spends the evening dining at New Gnisis Cornerclub, though she was intended to go to Candlehearth Hall as well (see bugs). At midnight she goes back to the office, though she was supposed to sleep at this time.
Adelaisa Vendicci wears a set of Imperial armor, Imperial bracers and Imperial boots. In combat she will rely on her Imperial sword. She also carries a belted tunic, the East Empire office key and a selection of common items and gold.
Rise in the East
Once you've gathered information surrounding the Blood Horkers, return to Orthus Endario, who is busy apologizing to Adelaisa for the sorry state of the office:
- Orthus: "Adelaisa, I'm sorry."
- Adelaisa: "Sorry isn't good enough, Orthus. There's a lot of gold at stake here, and sniveling isn't going to get it back."
- Orthus: "I've got a top man/woman on the job right now. He/She should be returning any moment."
- Adelaisa: "This must be him/her, then."
When spoken to after this conversation:
- I know where the Blood Horkers are.
- "Finally, someone around here that can get things done. Since we're short on soldiers you'll be coming with us, too. No arguments.
Anything else you want to say?"
- Their leader is a battle-mage named Haldyn.
- "Haldyn? I've heard of the man, but never guess he'd join up with some pirates. This could be even more dangerous than I thought. Head to the ships. We'll plan the assault on the way."
Once she has addressed you, she will stay in the building until you board the ship to Japhet's Folly.
During the journey, the ship will come to a sudden stop, anchoring near an island covered with a strange fog. When you speak to her:
- What's the plan?
- "Well, here we are. We think."
- Have we reached Japhet's Folly?
- "Hard to say. The weather's taken a bit of a turn, here. Haldyn's been known to obscure his hideaways with magic. If we take care of him, the way should be clear to properly assault the island."
- Is that my job?
- "You've shown yourself useful so far. All these lunks are too afraid of Haldyn to head in before the fog's cleared. So if you're willing to perform one more service for the Company, we could put this matter behind us for good. Take out Haldyn, and we'll handle the rest."
Once Haldyn lies dead, return to Adelaisa, who is waiting at the docks. Upon greeting her, she will say:
- "There you are."
- I've killed Haldyn.
- "Impressive work. We started the attack once you made the fog scamper away like that. Hope you didn't catch any of the fire.
We can head back whenever you're set. There's celebrating to be done! Are you ready to go?"
- Let's go.
- "All aboard!"
- Let's go.
- Not just yet.
- "Let me know. We shouldn't stay here all day. My men want their mead."
- Not just yet.
When spoken to after Rise in the East is complete:
- "We can't thank you enough for helping us get this office running."
- "I appreciate everything you've done for us, but I really am quite busy."
- "Glad Orthus was able to find someone competent to help out."
- "You handled yourself pretty well back at Japhet's Folly. We'll remember that."
- "Hey, it's our hero! Seen any more of those pirates around here?"
- Although her default gear is governed by the Heavy Armor skill, Adelaisa is actually more proficient in Light Armor.
- This issue has been addressed by version 2.0.4 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch; it changes her class to CombatWarrior1H.
- Adelaisa's schedule seems to have discrepancies: her package name indicates that she should sleep from midnight to 7am, but there is nowhere to sleep in the office.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- On Morndas, Middas, and Fredas, she was also supposed to dine at New Gnisis Cornerclub from 7pm to midnight, while on other days she chooses Candlehearth Hall, but the schedule always points to the Cornerclub.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2.6 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.