Online: The Trial of Five-Clawed Guile
|This quest is only available during the New Life Festival|
- Talk to Breda, south of Windhelm.
- Head to Rawl'kha and speak to Tumira
- Unlock the three nearby locked chests and take the coins inside before the time runs out.
- Return to Tumira.
- Return to Breda to complete the quest.
Breda tells you of a Khajiit New Life tradition which involves trickery and sleight of hand.
- "Khajiit of Rawl'kha honor their trickster god Rajhin with the Trial of Five-Clawed Guile.
- Travel to Reaper's March and speak with Tumira. She'll help you celebrate the New Life with the slightest of hand!"
- All right, I'll head to Rawl'kha.
Tumira can be found on the other side of a bridge from the wayshrine at Rawl'kha.
- "This one welcomes you to the Trial of Five-Clawed Guide! Celebrate the New Life and pay your respects to Rahjin, all at once!"
- How would I do that?
- "Rajhin once said, 'A rock is a pebble to be tossed from one's boot.' Use your lockpicks to retrieve the contents of the nearby chests.
- Show you have as little regard for barriers as the mighty Rajhin. And be quick about it!"
You will need to unlock three chests of varying difficulty levels -- Simple, Intermediate, and Advanced -- and loot Rajhin's Coin, Prowler's Coin, and Footpad's Coin from within. You'll have a minute and five seconds to do it, starting when you interact with any chest and ending when you finish unlocking the last chest. If you want the Five-Clawed Cat Burglar achievement, you'll have to do it in just thirty-five seconds. If you've grouped up with other players, you can each work on different chests at the same time; your progress will be shared.
If you fail the challenge, you'll need to return to Tumira.
- "A valiant attempt, but Rajhin frowns upon your beetle's pace. Well, this one frowns on behalf of Rajhin."
- Can I try again?
- "Of course! Rajhin often tricked the unwary by causing them to underestimate his prowess. This one suspects your 'failure' was a gambler's feint. Go! Prove yourself to all who doubt." Line breaks for failure?
Once you complete the challenge successfully, return to Tumira.
- "Rajhin would applaud your swiftness! Though, he might instead pick the pocket of one distracted by your prowess.
- Truly, the best thieves come and go with the wind."
- What should I do with the coins?
- "What coins? You aren't the only one who honors Rajhin. As you brought them to me, another retrieved the coins from your pocket and returned them to the chests.
- Such is how Rawl'kha celebrates the New Life, finding true wealth in our actions."
Upon returning to Breda, you'll find that this is a regular occurrence.
- "Ah, you return from a land of grass and sweetrolls to one of snow and mead!
- How was your visit to Rawl'kha?"
- I completed the Trial of Five-Clawed Guile.
- "What did Tumira ask you to do? Retrieve the coins from the chest, or from the victor's purse?
- No, don't tell me--I'll ask her when she visits."
There is one achievement associated with this quest.
|Five-Clawed Cat Burglar||5||During the Trial of Five-Clawed Guile in Reaper's March, unlock all chests in 35 seconds or less.|
|The Trial of Five-Clawed Guile|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|She said I should travel to Rawl'kha and speak with Tumira.
Objective: Travel Rawl'kha in Reaper's March
|I should speak with Tumira, the Festival Chief of Rawl'kha..
Objective: Talk to Tumira
|I must retrieve the contents of three locked chests within a short amount of time. I will need lockpicks to open the chests.
Objective: Collect Footpad's Coin
Objective: Collect Prowler's Coin
Objective: Collect Rahjin's Coin
|I retrieved a unique coin from each of the locked chests. I should present them to Tumira.
Objective: Present Coins to Tumira
|I should return to Eastmarch and speak with Breda.
Objective: Return to Breda
|I should speak with Breda about celebrating the New Life Festival.
Objective: Talk to Breda