|Location||Fungal Grotto I
Fungal Grotto II
16839863007499 (Fungal Grotto II)
|Reaction||Friendly (I) Hostile (II)|
|Knife of Shadows|
In Fungal Grotto II, she will be frozen in place on a boulder, being awoken by four mages after the spider cultists in the room are killed. Her unique drop is the Knife of Shadows.
- "I've no time for pleasantries. Speak."
- What's going on here?
- "An old story. Goblins and Dreugh fighting for territory. They seem to have reached a stalemate.
Until that's broken, it's not safe in there."
- What are you looking for?
- "That's not a question I'm permitted to answer.
The Webspinner has led us here. That's all you need to know. "
- "By the Ebony Blade, I will end you."
Skills and Abilities
As a boss type enemy, Gamyne Bandu is immune to all forms of crowd control effects.
A basic melee attack that does moderate physical damage. If taunted, the boss will be forced to use this attack on the tank only.
A heavy melee attack that does high physical damage as well as knocking the target back. Blocking will reduce the damage taken and prevent the knockback. If taunted, the boss will be forced to use this attack on the tank only.
The boss damages and stuns a random player, and four Shadow Tormentors chain the player to the ground. A sword appears above the player's head and slowly descends. This attack cannot be avoided, and players cannot break free from it. To escape, the other members only need to kill one of the Shadow Tormentors in order to free the player.
If the players fail to free the trapped party member in time, the sword will impale that player resulting in an instant death.
The boss throws a purple orb at a random player. If the orb hits, that player will take moderate magical damage. On top of that, a purple beam may form between that player and another player. The purple orb can be dodged by rolling to ensure the beam does not form.
Chains of Misery
The beam does high magical damage over time. To break the beam, the two players must move away from each other until the beam breaks. To minimize the damage done by this attack, players should spread apart so the beam breaks faster.
Summon Obsidian Aspects
At various points throughout the fight, the boss will vanish and summon four Obsidian Aspects to attack the party. These enemies do moderate physical damage. Once all four have been defeated, the boss reappears. There appears to be no time limit to this stage of the fight, and players can keep one of the aspects alive to buy them time to recover resources before resuming the fight.
Gamyne Bandu is associated with two achievements.
|Fungal Grotto II Conqueror||10||Defeat Gamyne Bandu, the Spawn of Mephala, and Vila Theran.|
|Fungal Grotto II Assassin||50||Defeat all other mini-boss and boss enemies in Veteran Fungal Grotto before defeating Vila Theran within twenty minutes of starting the dungeon. Timer starts when players engage the first group of Spider Cultists.|
- Lighting the Shadows: Help the Fighters Guild stop the Spider Cult from raising an army of shadows.
- Pledge: Fungal Grotto II: Explore Fungal Grotto II and return Undaunted.
Veteran Fungal Grotto Pledge: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Veteran Fungal Grotto.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
- The boss may not reappear immediately after the four Obsidian Aspects are defeated. Nevertheless, the boss should reappear after a moment.
- Using Chain Pull, Shield Charge or Focused Charge on one of the Shadow Tormentors will cause the Shadow Execution sword to disappear, allowing trapped party members to escape from Torture Session unharmed even if other members do not kill the Shadow Tormentor in time.