Fildgor Orcthane, formerly known as Fildgor Strong-Prince, is a Nord Thundermaul and the exiled twin brother of Jorunn the Skald-King. Backed by an army of Orcs and the Stormfist Clan, he has returned to Skyrim in a campaign to overthrow Jorunn.
More information can be found on the lore page.
- Sleep for the Dead: Return ancient relics to their rightful place.
- Songs of Sovngarde: Enter Sovngarde and stop Fildgor's plot.
Sleep for the Dead
- Fildgor Orcthane: "Make sure that no one gets past you, Shukul. Cover my escape!"
- Shukul gro-Agluk: "You're too late, weakling! Fildgor has his prize. He's in Cradlecrush by now!"
Songs of Sovngarde
When he notices you, he will yell at you.
- Fildgor Orcthane: "You! You've been a thorn in my side for too long. Come then, interloper. Come and die!"
At around half health, he calls the Spirits of Sovngarde to assist him:
- Fildgor Orcthane: "I will not be denied! Spirits of Sovngarde, answer the call of the rightful King of Skyrim!"
- Fildgor Orcthane: "No! It can't end like this. I can't be defeated! Not again!"
Speak to him.
- "You beat me. I lose to my cursed brother. Again. Perhaps he is the better ruler.
Regardless, in front of my ancestors and my sister, I am undone. Do what you will with me."
- You surrender?
- "What choice do I have? Even with Sovngarde's power to aid me, I lost. The Crown of Freydis rejects me. The thorn in my side became my undoing.
You've won. What will you do with me now?"
- Fildgor Orcthane: "I will bring the Crown of Freydis to my brother. Don't worry, I give you my word that this is finished."
If you chose to spare him, there will be another choice and more dialogue.
If you allow King Jorunn to execute Fildgor:
- Jorunn the Skald-King: "Brother. Why did it come to this?"
- Fildgor Orcthane: "I was wrong, brother. Please, spare me. I am capable of helping you!"
- Jorunn the Skald-King: "No, brother. I know all too well what you are capable of. The King's judgment stands."
- <Jorunn kills Fildgor>
- Jorunn the Skald-King: "May the spirits forgive you, Fildgor, for I have not."
If you have Jorunn spare Fildgor:
- Jorunn the Skald-King: "Such a shrewd, calculating proposal. It's not the Nord way, but the idea has merit. If we could make him work for us, think of what we could accomplish. And, I confess, it would break my heart to put my brother to death. Thank you for your counsel."
God of Schemes
If you chose to kill Fildgor, he will appear in Heart's Grief.
- "Get out of my sight, mewling cow. You chose my milk-drinker of a brother, ended my quest for rule. And now the Prince has me, all for breaking the bonds of brotherhood. Go!"
If you choose to free him, (?).
- Fildgor Orcthane: "(?)"