Online:Songs of Sovngarde
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Enter Sovngarde.
- Defeat Fildgor Orcthane.
- Talk to Queen Nurnhilde.
- Talk to King Jorunn.
- Observe the Great Moot.
- Talk to Prince Irnskar in Jorunn's Stand.
Continue talking to Queen Nurnhilde's ghost. Fildgor forced his way into Sovngarde and is close to stealing her essence. He opened a bridge between Tamriel and Sovngarde. She will speak to the Watcher at the Bridge for you, allowing you to enter Sovngarde as her champion.
Exit through the door behind her and to the left, then make your way around the Stormfists and up the stairs to Skuldafn's peak. Step into the light, and you are transported to Sovngarde. Fildgor is working at the altar across from you.
- "You! You've been a thorn in my side for too long."
Knockdowns work well in this fight, and he can use the spirits of the dead to boost his health. However, as much as he proclaims that you cannot beat him, you do. Talk to him.
- "You beat me. I lose to my cursed brother. Again. Perhaps he is the better ruler. Regardless, in front of my ancestors and my sister, I am undone. Do what you will with me."
- You surrender?
- "What choice do I have? Even with Sovngarde's power to aid me, I lost. The Crown of Freydis rejects me. The thorn in my side became my undoing. You've won. What will you do with me now?"
You can choose to let King Jorunn decide or to kill him right away. If you choose to let Jorunn decide, Fildgor says you have strength and honor. He agrees to face his brother's judgement. Regardless, talk to Queen Nurnhilde. You tell her about your decision. She thinks you should have killed him, but she realizes she is cold and detached.
Return to Skuldafn through the beam of light. Talk to the king. If you chose not to kill him, the king almost wishes you had killed him because he doesn't want to kill his brother (the penalty for treason). If you have the Persuasion Perk, you can ask the king to spare his life.
The Great Moot
- Jorunn the Skald-King: "Esteemed allies. I stand before my ancestors, at this holy dragonshrine, to seal our pact for the greater good."
- Eyes-of-Steel: "I stand on this mountain to proclaim how far the Argonians have come from the swamps of Black Marsh. In the name of my people, I add my voice to form this Ebonheart Pact."
- General Yeveth Noramil: "I represent the Dunmer and the Tribunal. I stand on this frigid rock to affirm our place in the Ebonheart Pact. I fervently hope we can move this along, because it's freezing up here."
- Jorunn the Skald-King: "The Nords offer the Crown of Freydis. This symbol of power and wisdom provides the Pact with the strength and authority of our Nord ancestors."
- General Yeveth Noramil: "The Dunmer offer the Judgement of Veloth, an artifact of ancient magic. This provides the Pact with our skills and the blessing of the Tribunal."
- Eyes-of-Steel: "The Argonians offer the Mnemic Egg, sacred symbol of birth and life, thus granting our wisdom and memories of the Hist to the Pact. With these offerings, the Pact is sealed. Let our nations become one."
- General Yeveth Noramil: "Further, the Dunmer call for a single leader to hold this pact together. We believe Skald-King Jorunn is the one to lead us. We believe Skald-King Jorunn is the one to lead us!"
- Jorunn the Skald-King: "Let our enemies tremble at our combined might. I accept the role of High King of the Ebonheart Pact. We have much to discuss here. Please, Champion, return to Jorunn's Stand and tell my son what has transpired."
Talk to Prince Irnskar at Jorunn's Stand. He names you the King's Arrow, for your perseverance and striking true. He gives you a reward, and if you chose to spare Fildgor, he will express happiness at his father's mercy.
|Songs of Sovngarde|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|To reach Fildgor, I need to climb to Skuldafn's peak and step into the column of light to enter the realm of the dead.
Objective: Enter Sovngarde
|Fildgor Orcthane must not be allowed to complete his dark rituals. I must defeat him.
Objective: Defeat Fildgor Orcthane
|I defeated Fildgor Orcthane in battle. Do I show mercy or exact revenge? I should speak to him before I decide.
Objective: Talk to Fildgor Orcthane
|I spared Fildgor's life. Nurnhilde has manifested near her body in Sovngarde. I should speak with her.
Objective: Talk to Nurnhilde
|Fildgor has surrendered and Nurnhilde is at peace. I should return to Skuldafn's peak via the pillar of light.
Fildgor is dead and Nurnhilde is at peace. I should return to Skuldafn's peak via the pillar of light.
Objective: Return to Skuldafn's Peak
|Fildgor must face the King's judgment. I should speak with King Jorunn.
I killed Fildgor. I should speak with King Jorunn
Objective: Talk to Jorunn the Skald-King
|King Jorunn will execute Fildgor himself. I should witness the traitor's death.
Objective: Witness Fildgor's Execution
|The Great Moot of the Ebonheart Pact commences. I should witness the proceedings.
Objective: Witness the Great Moot
|The Ebonheart Pact is sealed. High-King Jorunn asked me to return to Jorunn's Stand and let Prince Irnskar know what happened here.
Objective: Talk to Prince Irnskar