The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|Location||The road next to Old Kalgon's Keep|
- Archaic Relics: Find out what happened to Arkay's missing knights.
He can be found standing next to a burning and broken wagon.
- "Dark days are upon us, friend. Arkay's foes spread like wildfire. Only his holy relics can save us now."
- Holy relics?
- "Yes, the legacy of Arkay's saints, imbued with his power. Our sacred mission is to find these relics and use them to stem the undead tide."
- Our mission? Who else is with you?
- "Three knights of Arkay obey my commands. I sent them out to the locations described in our order's scrolls, but none have returned.
Would you try to find them and bring back the holy relics?"
- Yes, I'll try.
- "Find my knights and bring back Arkay's relics. They are our only hope now against the dead tide."
- Where did they go?
- "Each knight went to a different site rumored to contain a relic. Matthiaume went to Flyleaf Catacombs, Edweg to Sanguine Barrows, and Cesabelle to Lorkrata Ruins."
Once you have all three relics, you can return to Alvaren Garoutte:
- "I rejoice that you still live. Arkay's blessings served you well. Cesabelle has returned. What of the others?"
- Matthiaume is dead, and Edweg deserted your cause.
- "I feared as much. Alas for Edweg's weakness and the evil deeds of the bandits.
Your efforts are greatly appreciated. I have rewards for your bravery and skill in Arkay's cause."
If you talk with him afterwards:
- "I regret I could not give you more, but I have little. Service to Arkay is its own reward."