Oblivion talk:Repairing the Orrery
- 1 If Bothiel is Killed Prior to the Quest
- 2 Losing Track of the Dead Bandit Carrier
- 3 Activate?
- 4 No Plugin, No Orrery?
- 5 Camps
- 6 Orrey/Necromancer's Moon Trouble
- 7 The bodies do not dissapear as far as i can tell
- 8 Quest outline
- 9 When do you get this quest??
- 10 Bothiel's Disappearing Act
- 11 New Game With Plugin Loaded?
- 12 Fixing the problem. Will I still finish the quest?
- 13 Journal Entries
- 14 Dwemer Item IDs
- 15 Never got popup at all.
If Bothiel is Killed Prior to the Quest
I had a little incident occur inside the Arcane University in which Guards were chasing me, and the three mages jumped in. Bothiel died as a result, and because of her death, I am unable to complete the quest. I downloaded the plug-in way after this incident occured so I am unable to load an old game to bring her back. I have all of the components for the Orrey, and on the compass it shows a green arrow when I am on the grounds of the Arcane University, yet the arrow on the world map appears across the water to the south of the Imperial City?? Perhaps it is pointing to her grave?
- Use the console command "resurrect" after clicking on her corpse to reanimate Bothiel. It might work. If you can't find her corpse, you might try to spawn a new Bothiel. I don't know if it will mess with your game or not, so make a fresh save before you try this.
- I don't quite understand this bug report, because Bothiel is tagged as quest critical (unkillable) from the start of the game. She plays a small role in Necromancer's Moon, but even at the end of that quest she is not changed to a killable character. Is there any chance that this problem occurred in a mod that makes all characters killable? Or can anyone verify when Bothiel becomes killable (in an unmodded game). In the meantime, I'm deleting the related warning on the main page. --Nephele 03:33, 13 October 2006 (EDT)
Losing Track of the Dead Bandit Carrier
What happens if I can't relocate the Bandit Carrier? I do remember killing two bandits, but I lost their bodies in the woods somewhere and I can't complete the mission until I do! Does anyone know what I can type in to respawn their bodies? Thanks. --Preceeding unaccredited comment by Dxatm092
- To find the Bandit Carrier use the map quest finder arrows. The green spots stay on the bodies of the dead bandits if you haven't taken the artifacts off their bodies. --Preceeding unaccredited comment by Youiur
I have the 360 Oblivion, and I was about to buy this plugin when I decided to read this. I saw that you needed to "activate the orrery with the console." Huh? Does the 360 version work? — Unsigned comment by Verin Sedai (talk • contribs)
- Yes, the 360 version works. The interface for the orrery itself is identified as the "Imperial Orrery Console", which is unfortunately somewhat confusing, as it has no relationship to the more familiar PC console. I've tried to revise the main page to make that clear. --Nephele 10:53, 17 November 2006 (EST)
No Plugin, No Orrery?
So, if you don't buy the plugin, you can't get into the Orrery? Seems a bit odd. The door is there, you can't pick the lock, it says you need a key. So, the developers built this as a "you will need the plugin to get in here" kind of thing? Can you pickpocket the key off of someone? (Yeah ok I should try that.) --Natpoor 20:54, 18 July 2007 (EDT)
- Yep, you need to buy the plugin to enter the Orrery. There is no key for the door. The door is only supposed to open once you complete the plugin's quest. Even if you used console commands to get past the door, there wouldn't be much to see inside: the contents are all added by the plugin. --NepheleTalk 21:19, 20 July 2007 (EDT)
Are the camps always empty after you do this quest?--Imperial Scum 21:51, 20 May 2008 (EDT)
- No, the normal bandits will respawn. The Bandit Carriers don't, though. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 01:18, 21 May 2008 (EDT)
- If you manage to actually become friends with the Bandits and pickpocket the parts, they'll actually stay there, and may even help you fight the other bandits there if you're attacked by one.
Orrey/Necromancer's Moon Trouble
I have the 360 version and I'm doing Necromancer's Moon. The trouble is that when I get to the point when I have to find Bothiel she is in the Orrey. I attempted to finish the orrey quest but she isn't in the lobby to begin with so, I can't finish that. Am I screwed or is there something I can do?
- You could try uninstalling the plug-in, wait for 24 hours (Bothiel should appear then, but don't wait in the lobby of the Arch-Mage's Tower), do Nec. Moon, then reinstall the plug-in. -- LordDagon 03:30, 15 July 2008 (EDT)
The bodies do not dissapear as far as i can tell
I killed the carriers in two camps before starting the quest and about 200 days later the bodies were still there . Zeik 01:40, 22 November 2008 (EST)
- If the bodies are sticking around in your game then you have a glitch. The Bandit Carriers don't have the Quest Item flag and so are not perma-corpses. Since the problem has also been acknowledged and fixed by the UOMP I'd say it's definitely your game. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 02:02, 22 November 2008 (EST)
- Ah allright then .Zeik 02:04, 22 November 2008 (EST)
- OP was right... just came in here to post this. Had some bad info. :^) I removed the bug listing "It is possible that the bandit carriers will die in the wilderness and their bodies disappear (along with the quest-required artifacts) before being found by the player. It's best to do this quest as soon as possible to avoid this happening." (which I had originally added) I tested and the engine will definitely not purge corpses if they are carrying quest items, in addition to the corpses being quest items themselves. I pulled the changes from the UOMP I released today. Kivan 23:48, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
When do you get this quest??
The page says: "If you start a new game with this plugin loaded, the note and quest will be given to you when you emerge from the sewers into the daylight at the end of the tutorial level" but I got the popup just after I met the goblin with the Pestle and Mortar during the tutorial level. Could someone confirm exactly when the quest popup first appears? Vlad the Imperial 09:07, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
- You must be mistaken. The popup only appears after stage 88 of the tutorial and only if you're not in combat. Stage 88 is only set when you hit the "Finished - exit sewers" button on the box that asks you to confirm your class, race and appearance. Perhaps you got some other popup? rpeh •T•C•E• 11:06, 23 February 2010 (UTC)
- On the 360 version you get the note and the quest right after you kill the first Goblin188.8.131.52 23:18, 31 July 2010 (UTC)Duncun
On the 360 version, i agree to have the note for the Orrery appearing almost immediately after killing the first goblin, right where the mortar and pastel is, being consistant with the original poster of this information. I have tried this over the span of 4 or 5 characters, so i doubt that this information is incorrect. Also, i get most of the rest of the DLC (not including KotN and SI) right after the emperor's death MrJLJ 03:58, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
- I can confirm that it happens after the goblin having just made a new character tonight, but again after exiting the sewers along with the rest of the DLC-barrage, I came online because Bothiel managed to lock herself in the bloody orrery. (Ceebs logging in to sign, it's ThePog, may sign later if I can be bothered) — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 09:37 on 4 April 2011
Bothiel's Disappearing Act
First: yes, I read the article.
Bothiel is in the Orrery room and won't come out, but I haven't started any of the Mage quests, so it couldn't be a conflict between Necromancer's Moon and the Orrery. Suggestions? I'm playing on the Xbox 360, and this is also my 4th or 5th playthrough, and I've never encountered this problem. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 04:57 on 1 April 2010
- Probably your best bet is to try uninstalling the Orrery, as suggested, to get her to come out. Assuming she eventually does, save your game while you're standing right in front of her, then reinstall the Orrery and give her the items. If you have trouble getting her out while the Orrery is uninstalled, try fast travelling well away (like Anvil), then wait until 11am and fast travel back. See if that works. ‒ Robin Hood↝Talk 06:24, 1 April 2010 (UTC)
New Game With Plugin Loaded?
"If you start a new game with this plugin loaded, the note and quest will be given to you when you emerge from the sewers into the daylight at the end of the tutorial level." From my experience, the note is always added when I pick up the mortar and pestle in the tutorial. What determines when it shows up? Legoless 23:05, 17 August 2010 (UTC)
- Looking at the Construction Set, it would appear that it should occur whenever Oblivion:Tutorial reaches or exceeds Stage 88 (which is when you actually escape the prison). If you notice, though, there are several stages that occur briefly before returning to a previous stage, including the tutorial on how to mix potions. So it would appear that there could be a number of possible things that could activate it; I'd want to do more testing before we update the page and see what all can cause you to get the note. I think bringing up your Quest Log could probably do it as well. Certainly if you don't pick up the Mortar & Pestle or trigger any of the other high-numbered stages, then you'd get the note when you left the prison. – Robin Hood↝talk 19:15, 18 August 2010 (UTC)
- I got it right BEFORE getting out of the prison, still in the sewers, but not when picking up the mortar and pestle. I loaded an old save before leaving the sewers so that I could change my character, but not have to redo the beginning, and I got the updates from practically all the plugins (except for Knights of the Nine) while still in the sewers. --IronMaiden 17:20, 5 December 2010 (UTC)
Fixing the problem. Will I still finish the quest?
I am suffering from the "Bothiel is stuck inside the Orrery" bug and I plan to uninstall the content and lure her out. However, knowing how messed up this whole games is, in terms of bugs. I want to know if the quest items will remain inside my inventory when I do this? I am using an Xbox if that makes a difference. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 22:32 on 24 February 2011 (UTC)
-I encountered this issue after collecting the artifacts; she was locked in the Orrery as per the usual bug. I uninstalled the plugin as suggested on this site, entered the academy to ensure she was out, saved and returned to find her wandering. I had to do the quest over again, as uninstalling pulls the artifacts from your inventory. I fast traveled to each camp, killed the bandits, got the artifacts and returned to her to complete the quest. I'm sure all the extra legwork may be avoidable if the uninstall/reinstall is completed prior to starting the quest.
Where are they? Is there a reason for their absence, or has this quest page simply been neglected? Legoless 21:14, 26 March 2011 (UTC)
- I guess they just got left off. rpeh •T•C•E• 21:17, 26 March 2011 (UTC)
Dwemer Item IDs
Are the Dwemer IDs listed somewhere on the wiki, I can't find them. If they are not can somebody please tell me, it would really help me alot with an idea I had. Dunehelm (talk) 04:03, 25 November 2013 (GMT)
Never got popup at all.
I bought the Xbox 360 version that comes with KoN and SI, but I didn't install the second disc until i was a ways into the game. Is that why i never got this popup? Can I start it some other way? Do I need to download this plug in still? — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 14:28 on 4 May 2014 (GMT)