|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Oblivion NPC Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Store||Fire and Steel|
|Available||8am-8pm every day
Rasheda, a Redguard smith, is the proprietor of Fire and Steel, the only weaponry store in Chorrol. She offers advanced training in Armorer, repair services and sells a wide array of weapons and armor including Rasheda's Special, a unique pair of gauntlets that fortifies Armorer and strength by 5 points.
She lives a quiet and rather isolated life inside Fire and Steel and never leaves the store. She sleeps in her private quarters above the main trading room from midnight to 6am. After waking up she wanders around the store until it is time to unlock the door at 8am. She will then spend the next twelve hours offering her various services to the occasional customer until she closes up shop at 8pm. She will then spend the last four hours of the day strolling around until it is time to find her bed at midnight.
When you enter Fire and Steel, she will politely introduce herself and her various services: "Hello. I'm Rasheda -- the smith -- and this is Fire and Steel. Quality armor and weapons, repairs, too. What can I do for you?" On the subject of Chorrol she will comment: "Nice town. But you need money here to live well. Head out of town and do some hunting. Sell the skins. Or, you can loot old caves and ruins." As an advanced Trainer, Rasheda will also point you towards master trainer Gin-Wulm in the Market District of the Imperial City, even if she will recommend that you repair your items yourself to get better: "The only way you're going to learn anything new now is by doing it yourself, or talking to Gin-Wulm. I'd suggest doing it by yourself. But if you're dead set on it, head to The Best Defense in the Imperial City. He's a smith there, and might be persuaded to train you."
The townsfolk of Chorrol will often discuss and praise Rasheda and her services:
- "If I don't have what you need, you might try the other Chorrol merchants. Renoit's has books. Fire and Steel for your armor and weapons." –Seed-Neeus
- "Rasheda does a good job keeping Fire and Steel stocked with good weapons. Maybe not the best in Tamriel, but good."
- "Been to Fire and Steel recently? Rasheda has some nice new swords in there. And she's a friendly one, she is."
- "I heard there's a new shipment of weapons at Fire and Steel. Have you been recently?"
- "I was in there just a few days ago. Rasheda's prices are very reasonable."
- "I haven't been in a while, but it's always nice to stop in and chat with Rasheda. Plus, she always gives a better deal to her friends."
Alessia Ottus in her Guide to Chorrol positively adds that Rasheda is "a very fine craftsman, who offers training in her craft, and always to be found at Sundas chapel worship", though she is less pleased with her etiquette: "but she is fresh and disrespectful, and her manners and dress leave something to be desired."