|Mehrunes Dagon (RefID: 0004A91D)
|Location||Temple of the One|
|Faction(s)||Mehrunes Dagon faction|
In Oblivion, Mehrunes Dagon is the Daedric Prince behind the entire Oblivion Crisis. For most of the main questline Dagon remains behind the scenes; his followers (such as Mankar Camoran and the Mythic Dawn) are more directly responsible for most of the events. However, Dagon does finally appear in person during the quest Light the Dragonfires, where he is the final obstacle preventing Martin Septim from being crowned. Dagon must be avoided (as he cannot be killed) in order to enter the Temple of the One.
For lore specific information see the main lore article.
- Light the Dragonfires: Escort Martin to the Temple of the One… but will you be able to crown him Emperor?
- He cannot be killed by mortals; the most that can be achieved by attacking him is to stagger him. Attacking him (e.g., using a weapon to physically assault him) will simply result in a short stun to him. This will only be temporary however, and should not be confused with actually damaging him.
- If the '
kill' console command is used on him, Mehrunes Dagon seems to fall apart and "melt".
- On Xbox and PS3 it is possible to "kill" him by attacking him with the Wabbajack. Even though his form won't change, his stats will and therefore he can be killed. What will happen to him is the same thing that would happen if you were to use the "kill" command: he will fall apart and melt. This does not change the game's ending in any way.
- Also, he can be killed while having the Reflect Damage effect on yourself, although it may take a while.
- If the Mehrunes' Razor official plug-in has been installed, Mehrunes Dagon is also a member of the Creature Faction. As the Razor's scripted effect does not work on members of this faction, this prevents him from being "hoisted by his own petard".