|Quest||Unearthing Mehrunes Razor|
|Items||Mehrunes' Razor Items|
|Released||June 16, 2006|
|Patch||1.1.511 or higher|
Mehrunes' Razor is an official download for Oblivion, adding a new quest to retrieve a powerful dagger. The download introduces a new nine-level dungeon, a new set of armor owned by an assassin, new clothes, new weaponry, new clutter items, and a new spell which can refine metal ore.
- The lost Ayleid City Varsa Baalim has been unearthed by a rogue Telvanni arch-mage, in pursuit of a fearsome Daedric Artifact, Mehrunes Razor, which he believes will give him the power he needs to topple the Imperial reign - but what horrors lie in wait beneath the Valus mountains; and can you overcome them to claim Mehrunes Razor as your own? —Former Official Summary
- Conquer one of the deepest and most challenging dungeons in all of Cyrodiil and claim one of the most fearsome weapons imaginable. —Official Summary
- Items — Items introduced with the download include armor, books, jewelry, weapons and more.
- NPCs — 10 new NPCs are introduced with the download, many of whom are aligned with the Drothmeri Army
- Sundercliff Watch — The largest dungeon in Cyrodiil, featuring 9 levels and 23 zones
- Quest — Unearth Mehrunes Razor to retrieve a powerful artifact
This letter was originally displayed on the official obliviondownloads.com website, which has since become unavailable. The letter was also included in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Official Game Guide and The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles Official Game Guide. The text serves to provide background and context for the events of the download.