Oblivion: Fort Ontus
|# of Zones||2|
|Mage/Necromancers; Marauder Archer|
|1 boss-level Chest|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|FortOntusExterior, FortOntus, FortOntus02|
|Far north of Kvatch, near the Hammerfell border|
- The entrance to this dungeon is locked (needs a key) until you initiate the related quest.
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel -29, 14
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Fort Ontus (editor name FortOntusMapMarker). The entrance door is S of the marker, 10 feet away.
- 0-1 archer Marauder is near the entrance
- 0-1 Nuisance Animal is near the entrance
- 1 Wilderness Creature (Forested Mountains variety) is near the entrance
- 1 Chest 01 is near the entrance
- 1 Restoration Chest is near the entrance
- The following scrolls can be found near the entrance: 1 Summon Skeleton scroll
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 29 Mandrake plants and 1 Motherwort plant
Zone 1: Fort Ontus
Your objective is to locate Caranya in Fort Ontus Understreets and claim the Necromancer's Amulet. However, doing so will cause all the friendly inhabitants to reveal themselves as Necromancers so it is recommended to explore the entire fort before dealing with Caranya.
Upon entering, the first friendly mage is standing around the corner. The Fort Ontus Key can be found in her inventory, so pickpocket it for a slightly easier exploration. Continue until you land on a bridge in a large room. Jump down and locate the northern path, open the gate at E and claim the contents from two chests; don't forget to open the nearby gate for another chest hidden behind a statue. Follow the path until you reach the southwestern sleeping area, with two bedrolls at b and a minor loot chest. Finally enter Fort Ontus Understreets through door C.
- 5 Mage/Necromancers (quest-specific; non-respawning)
- 2 Chests 01 (both locked)
- 1 Chest 02
- 1 Chest 03
- 1 Chest 04
- The following weapons will always be found: 1 Silver Dagger
- 2 Darts traps at location T on map
Doors and Gates:
- There are three doors in/out of this zone
- 1 Gate at E (locked, hard lock, opened by Fort Ontus Key)
- 2 bedrolls at locations b on map
Zone 2: Fort Ontus Understreets
From door C, follow the path and unlock the gate at F (it can be unlocked with the key) for a minor loot chest. Locate and open the portcullis gate at E using the nearby lever (cyan dot on map). Continue on and ignore Caranya (Q) for now, but make sure to loot her boss chest at B. Use another lever to open the eastern door at H and continue on to the tombs, and make sure to raid the coffins for loot. Proceed to the big eastern room and claim the contents from the four chests (green dots on map) in the paths near door D, which is locked but should be ignored. Finally, backtrack all the way to Caranya for the confrontation and use door C for the quickest escape route back through the first zone, Fort Ontus.
- 1 boss-level Chest (Necromancer variety) at location B on map
- 3 Chests 01 (1 locked)
- 2 Chests 03
- 1 Chest 04
- 2 Coffins 01
Doors and Gates: