|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Larrius Varro, ask him about latest rumors and careless travelers.
- Travel to north of Hla Oad.
- Kill Fjol.
- Return to Varro for the bounty.
Fjol the Outlaw
If you have a high enough disposition with Larrius Varro (30), ask him about latest rumors, and he will reveal that a Nord has been attacking careless travelers near Hla Oad.
Confronting the Road Agent
Head over to the town and find Fjol near the bridge north of town. Speak to him about murderous outlaws and he will demand that you give him 100 gold, basically confirming that indeed he is (if your disposition is higher than 40, he'll ask more politely). If you give him the gold you can return to Varro and report Fjol's position, but you will not receive any reward. If you refuse to give Fjol the 100 gold, he will attack and you will be forced to kill him. Be careful when choosing this option, however, as he can easily one-shot low-level players. If you encounter him early on (which most players will) it might be wise to avoid talking to him altogether until you have gained a few levels and can safely return to kill him. Once he's dead, return to Varro for a 100 gold reward.
- Unlike other quests in which you can kill off somebody, and then later go to the quest-giver, get the quest, then talk to them again and —voilà!— you've already done it and it counts, for this quest you must talk to Larrius about "careless travelers" first. If you kill Fjol before talking to Larrius, he won't give you the quest but it will still be listed as an active quest in your journal.
- If you have already killed Fjol before talking to Larrius, you can still get the reward by adding the topic to his conversation via
AddTopic "careless travelers".
- The script that runs when you agree to hand over 100 gold to Fjol doesn't check to see whether or not you actually have the gold. Drop all your gold before talking to him about "murderous outlaws" and then kill him. He will have an extra 100 gold in addition to the 15 gold he usually carries.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Fjol the Outlaw (MV_Bastard)
||General Larrius Varro in Fort Moonmoth has warned me of a Nord Bandit who is accosting travelers somewhere near Hla Oad. I get the feeling he wouldn't mind if I could "take care" of this problem for him.
||I was accosted by an outlaw named Fjod [sic] while traveling near Hla Oad. He demanded either 100 gold or my life.
||I paid Fjol the 100 gold.
||I was able to kill Fjol and report my deeds to the general. He rewarded me with 100 gold.