The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|Dagoth Vemyn (dagoth vemyn)|
|Location||Vemynal, Hall of Torque|
|Species||Ash Vampire||Soul||Grand (360)|
Dagoth Vemyn is an Ash Vampire and brother to Dagoth Ur. Vivec suggests killing him in order to weaken Dagoth Ur.
If you kill Dagoth Ur first, all the other Ash Vampires will die with him. Dagoth Vemyn may be found in Vemynal, Hall of Torque. He carries the Sunder artifact, as well as the Amulet of Heartheal.
- The Citadels of the Sixth House: Find the Ash Vampires to collect powerful artifacts and make your assault on Dagoth Ur himself.
Dagoth Vemyn has some unique dialogue, if you can sneak up on him or cast Calm in order to speak to him.
- Greeting 1: "What? You want to talk? You want to surrender? To boast? To talk me to death?"
- Greeting 2: "Go ahead, windbag. Talk, talk, talk. Anything to delay your coming defeat."
- surrender: "Don't bother. You surrender, I'll kill you. You want to go home, fine. I won't touch you. But you lay a hand on me, and we fight until you're dead."
- boast: "Don't bother. You're not scaring anyone, you know. Just makes you look nervous. Come on. I'm waiting for you to make the first move. You're the challenger."
- talk me to death: "I'm one of the oldest things to ever have slipped from a womb, %PCName, but I've never heard of anyone talked to death. Of course, there's always a first time. And I was brought up properly. I know it's not polite to interrupt. So you just go ahead. Talk all you want. And when you're done, go home. Or take your best shot. It's all the same to me."
- Killing Dagoth Vemyn should weaken Dagoth Ur in the following way:
- However, scripts cannot affect actors that haven't yet loaded, so this will only trigger if you visit Dagoth Ur before killing Dagoth Vemyn.
- This bug is fixed in OpenMW. However, since killing all six Ash Vampires would actually reduce Dagoth Ur's 300 health to zero if the script were to perform as intended, OpenMW has a hardcoded exception added to prevent this from happening.