- "Corkbulb trees are grown for their tough, fibrous roots which have modest magical properties. On Vvardenfell corkbulb root is used in place of wood, since trees won't grow in this harsh environment. Corkbulb grows best in the Ascadian Isles."
Corkbulb Root is a very useful plant that is cultivated in the Ascadian Isles region. It is rarely seen in the wild. Corkbulb is used to make cheap arrows and bolts for archery. Synnolian Tunifus of the Imperial Cult will ask you to retrieve five samples of it during the Gathering Corkbulb Root quest. It can be useful to keep a few of these in your inventory in an emergency - if you are ever Paralyzed, eating a corkbulb root can cure you. (Spells and enchanted items cannot be used while paralyzed, but you can still eat and drink, and this is the only ingredient which has Cure Paralyzation as a first effect. Potions are more reliable however.)
The following vendors carry a restocking supply:
- Arrille (5) - Arrille's Tradehouse, Seyda Neen
- Craetia Jullalian (5) - Guild of Mages, Foreign Quarter, Vivec
- Eldrilu Dalen (10) - Vos Chapel, Vos
- Ernand Thierry (5) - Guild of Mages, Caldera
- Ganalyn Saram (5) - Hlaalu Alchemist, Hlaalu Canton, Vivec
- Guls Llervu (5) - Guls Llervu's House Redoran Council Hall, Ald'ruhn
- Llarara Omayn (5) - Balmora Temple, Balmora
- Sedris Omalen (10) - Maar Gan Outpost, Maar Gan
- Tivam Sadri (5) - Holamayan Monastery
- Tusamircil (10) - Mage's Guild Wolverine Hall, Sadrith Mora
Greatest number of plants:
- Gathering Corkbulb Root: Harvest this root at the Arvel Plantation, north of Vivec.