Morrowind:36 Lessons of Vivec, Sermon 32
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|See Also||Lore version|
|Up||The Thirty-Six Lessons of Vivec|
|Prev.||Sermon 31||Next||Sermon 33|
|Found in the following locations:|
The Thirty-Six Lessons of Vivec, Sermon Thirty-Two
Book 32 of a series of words of wisdom relating to Vivec
The Scripture of the Mace, First:
- 'The pleasure of annihilation is the pleasure of disappearing into the unreal. All those that would challenge the sleeping world will seek membership in this movement. I denounce the alienation of the Cloven Duality with a hammer.'
- 'Take from me the lessons as a punishment for being mortal. To be made of dirt is to be treated as such by your jailers. This is the key and the lock of the Daedra. Why do you think they escaped the compromise?'
- 'Velothi, your skin has become the pregnant darkness. My brooding has brought this on. Remember that Boethiah asked you to become the color of bruise. How else to show yourselves people of the exodus into the vital: pain?'
- 'The sage who is not an anvil: a conventional sentence and nothing more. By which I mean dead, the fourth walking way.'
- 'A proper comprehension of the virtues: stage-managed and to be murdered.'
- 'In the end, rejoice as a hostage released from drumming torment but that savors his wound. The drum breaks and you find it to be a nest of hornets, which is to say: your sleep is over.'
- 'The suspicious is spectacle and the lie is only a theoretical inspiration.'
- 'But then why, you ask, do the Daedra wish to meddle with the Aurbis? It is because they are the radical critique, essential as all martyrs. That some are more evil than others in not an illusion. Or rather, it is a necessary illusion.'
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.