Confront the crazed apprentice
Race Against Time: The Betrayal
The Betrayal is a location available in Race Against Time. It is unlocked after you've beaten the Hall of Conveyance. After you survived the hordes of Dwemer constructs, you'll get into possession of the next memory star and replay Sotha Sil's confrontation with Mecinar after discovering the latter's experiments. Memory stars are puzzles that can only be completed by one specific order of actions in-game.
When you begin the battle, you'll be told that "Mecinar has confronted you in your workshop. Use the tools at hand to defeat him this turn."
Once you complete it for the first time, you'll receive a playsets of Kagouti Fabricant and Abandoned Imperfect, and will unlock The Inner Curiosity provided that The Red Mountain is complete as well.
- Sotha Sil: "There was always a 47% chance that Mecinar would seek my power. But he has done far worse."
- Sotha Sil: "Today I found his… test subjects. Acolytes modified against their will, merged with beasts through steel and sorcery. Beautiful in their way. But abominable. There was only one thing to be done."
- During the match:
- Mecinar: "You would condemn me? Hypocrite! Fraud! This is what you strive for — The creation of the perfect life form!"
- Sotha Sil: "You have misunderstood me, Mecinar
- Sotha Sil: "I cast Mecinar out of the city. Now, I must rework the enchantments that seal the Chamber of Lorkhan — to ones that Mecinar could never break."
- Laaneth: "There! I think I can see enough of the new enchantments in this memory to determine how to unravel them! Now we just need to find the chamber."
Ai starts with 0 Runes.
Ai starts with 11 Max Magicka.
Player starts with 0 Runes.
Player starts with 11 Max Magicka.
Ai starts with a Awakened Imperfect in each lane.
Player starts with a Abandoned Imperfect on board.
Player starts with a Excavate, a Brilliant Experiment, a Stone Throw, a Steel Dagger in hand.
Player starts with a Gearwork Spider, a Dwarven Spider, a Blackreach Rebuilder in left lane.
Player starts with a Murkwater Guide in right lane.
Ai starts with 0 Runes.
Ai starts with 14 Max Magicka.
Player starts with 0 Runes.
Player starts with 14 Max Magicka.
Ai starts with a Gearwork Spider, 3 Awakened Imperfect in left lane.
Player starts with a Gearwork Spider in left lane.
Player starts with a Gearwork Spider, 2 Close Call, a Sparking Spider, a Skooma Racketeer, a Greenheart Knight, a Mentor's Ring in hand.
Player starts with a Summerset Orrery, a Abandoned Imperfect on board.
Player starts with no cards in deck.
Provided Player Deck
|3||Redoran Enforcer||Creature (Dark Elf)||2||2||3||Common|
|1||Brilliant Experiment||Action||3||–||–||Epic||Draw a copy of a friendly creature.|
|1||Excavate||Action||3||–||–||Rare||Draw an item or support from your discard pile.|
|3||Ash Servant||Creature (Ash Creature)||4||2||2||Rare||Summon: Deal 2 damage to a creature.|
|3||Flame Atronach||Creature (Daedra, Atronach)||4||5||3||Rare||Breakthrough|
|3||Cliff Racer||Creature (Reptile)||5||4||4||Rare||Charge|
|3||Frost Atronach||Creature (Daedra, Atronach)||5||5||5||Rare||Guard|
|3||Shalk Fabricant||Creature (Fabricant)||3||2||4||Common||Guard
Summon: If you have a card in play, put a random action into your hand.
|3||Ageless Automaton||Creature (Dwemer)||4||2||5||Rare||When Ageless Automaton attacks a Guard, it gains +3/+0 and Breakthrough this turn.|
|3||Kagouti Fabricant||Creature (Fabricant)||4||3||3||Common||Summon: If you have a card in play, summon a Kagouti Fabricant in the other lane.|
Treasure Hunt - Three cards: Sacrifice Abandoned Imperfect to summon an 8/8 Awakened Imperfect with Breakthrough and Guard to the lane of your choice.
|3||Stronghold Eradicator||Creature (Dwemer)||5||6||6||Epic||Summon: Give all enemy creatures in this lane Guard.|
The following steps need to be completed in order to win the match in one turn.
You start with 11 magicka and need to bring down the opponent's health from 4 to 0.
- Equip Steel Dagger onto any of your creatures in the left lane and attack Mecinar's Awakened Imperfect with it. This will put the Steel Dagger in your graveyard.
- Play Brilliant Experiment on a Dwarven Spider, and Excavate the Steel Dagger. These trigger your Awakened Imperfect's Treasure Hunt bonus; summon it to either lane.
- Equip your Awakened Imperfect with the excavated Steel Dagger, and destroy Mecinar's Awakened Imperfect in the right lane with Stone Throw.
- Kill Mecinar with the Murkwater Guide.
You start with 14 magicka and need to bring down the opponent's health from 12 to 0.
- Attack Mecinar's Gearwork Spider with your Gearwork Spider.
- Summon Gearwork Spider to retrieve the other from your discard pile.
- Use both Close Call actions to unsummon your Gearwork Spiders.
- Activate Summerset Orrery to summon Awakened Imperfect.
- Summon Greenheart Knight.
- Summon Skooma Racketeer and give the Greenheart Knight the Lethal keyword.
- Summon both Gearwork Spiders.
- Equip Mentor's Ring on Greenheart Knight. This will give all creatures the Charge and Lethal keywords.
- Attack Mecinar's Awakened Imperfects with your Gearwork Spiders and Skooma Racketeer.
- Kill Mecinar with your Greenheart Knight and Awakened Imperfect.
|Prev: Hall of Conveyance||Up: Return to Clockwork City||Next: The Inner Curiosity|