- Talk to a Merchant or an Innkeeper.
- Head to the specified local residence.
- Exterminate all vermin there.
- Head back to your employer within the time limit and collect your reward.
Speak to a merchant or innkeeper, who says:
- "I need help. (Employer's name) at your service, although I hope yours will be at mine. (Residence) is infested with monsters. Can you kill them for me? I can pay you (random gold) gold pieces."
The merchant or innkeeper goes on:
- "Thank you, thank you, thank you! If they are not gone by this time tomorrow, I'll be ruined."
The merchant or innkeeper replies:
- "I need help! Won't somebody help me?"
You have one day to complete this task. Ask around until one of the citizens points you towards the residence. Enter the house and kill all vermin there. There may be bats, rats, giant scorpions, or giant spiders. They will appear one after another, so keep waiting until you have killed them all. The task is done when you have killed at least six bats, seven rats, three giant scorpions, or three giant spiders. You will get no notification if this is accomplished, so you must keep track of your kills. Report back to your employer when you are sure the building is clean enough.
Head back to your employer to get your reward and some warm thanks:
- "What a relief. I hate those things. You have been most helpful, (player's name). Here is the (random gold) gold that I promised."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Questgiver's associated factions||+2|
A failed quest (time limit expired) results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Questgiver's associated factions||-1|
Any of the following:
- 8x One Bat every three in-game minutes (25% chance) once you enter the building
- 10x One Rat every three in-game minutes (25% chance) once you enter the building
- 4x One Giant Scorpion every three in-game minutes (25% chance) once you enter the building
- 4x Giant Spider every three in-game minutes (25% chance) once you enter the building
- This quest is very similar to extermination quests offered elsewhere, but this one is specific to the Merchants/Innkeepers faction. Similar quests include:
- Sometimes, when exiting the infested building, you may be followed by one (possibly more) of the type of creature you were sent to exterminate.
- This is most likely due to a combination of the quest not having confirmation of completion (other than checking with the quest-giver) and a lack of an appropriate flag to stop spawning the infesting creature.
- It is unknown whether or not the creatures will cease to spawn after the quest has been turned in.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I think its hilarious! (Employer's name)'s (residence) is overrun with giant bugs!"
- "I feel sorry for (employer's name). (His/Her) (residence) has been virtually taken over by 12 foot long rats with poisonous stingers. I hear they can turn a man to stone with a single glance!"
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Employer's name) had to sell (residence)."
- "I hear someone in the Fighters Guild died trying to clear the infestation of (employer's name)'s (residence)."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Aren't you the (player's race) that helped (employer's name) get rid of the beasts that had taken over (his/her) (residence)?"
- "I hear that (employer's name) paid someone to kill all the creatures that had overrun (his/her) (residence)."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "(Player's first name), I owe you a debt of gratitude for clearing my (residence) of monsters."
- "Everyone, listen up. I want you to meet my friend, (player's name), exterminator extraordinaire. (He/She) rid my (residence) of three dozen monsters!"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "You! You ruined me! I lost (residence) because you weren't able to take care of a handful of monsters in it."
- "Aren't you the (player's race) that failed me? I hired you to kill some monsters infesting my (residence), and you just couldn't do it. Go away."
|The Exterminator (a0c00y07)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): In (town), I met (employer's name). (He/She) asked me to rid (residence) in (town) of monsters. (He/She) needs them gone within a day.|