Daggerfall:The Infested House
- Talk to the Quester of a knightly order.
- Head to the Quester's residence in town.
- Kill all vermin there.
- Report back to the Quester within the time limit.
Speak to the Quester of a knightly order, who says:
- "Why should I trust you, (player's name)? I suppose some small trial of arms is in order. I certainly wouldn't give you anything important, seeing as you are not a member of this knightly order. I own a building that is infested with creatures. Kill them for me and maybe I'll put in a good word for you."
The Quester goes on:
- "I am only giving you 1 day to clean (residence) out. After that, I'll just do it myself and tell everyone what a coward you really are."
The Quester answers:
- "I guess I'll just have to do it myself. You are even more worthless than I thought."
Given that the target building is in the current city, the Quester only gives you one day to complete this task. Ask around until someone points you toward the house. Enter it and kill all vermin there. There will be bats (at most eight), rats (at most ten), giant scorpions (at most four) or spiders (at most four). Each type of vermin has a 25% chance of appearing. The individual creatures will appear one after another. Continue killing them until you get the following notification:
- "You have cleaned out (Quester's name)'s house."
This happens after you have killed at least six bats, seven rats, three giant scorpions, or three spiders. Head back to the Quester once you are sure there a no more creatures left in the building.
After the building is clean, report back to the Quester who says:
- "Quite acceptable (player's name). I'll put in a good word for you with my knightly order."
Successfully completing this quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||+10|
Failing this quest results in a reputation loss as seen in the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||-4|
Any of the following:
- 8x One Bat every three in-game minutes (25% chance)
- 10x One Rat every three in-game minutes (25% chance)
- 4x One Giant Scorpion every three in-game minutes (25% chance)
- 4x One Giant Spider every three in-game minutes (25% chance)
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Very strange sounds come out of the (residence).'
- "(Quester's name)'s house has really gone to Oblivion."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Poor (Quester's name) has to hire an exterminator."
- "It's going to cost (Quester's name) to clean that house."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Residence) is finally at peace."
- "Those critters are out of (residence) at last."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Well, you did clean out my house. What do you need?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "You can't even kill a few critters. Don't waste my time."
- "I wouldn't waste my breath talking to a lickspittle."
|The Infested House (b0c00y13)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): In (town), I met (Quester's name) of the knightly order. I can curry favor with the knights if I rid (residence) in (town) of its infestation for (him/her).|