Daggerfall:Hunt for Giant Rodents
- Talk to the Fighter Quester of a Fighters Guild.
- Kill all rats or bats in the building in town.
- Report back to the Fighter Quester within the time limit.
Bats (or Rats) in the Belfry
The Fighter Quester says:
- "I am (Fighter Quester's name). I have a relatively menial job, if you are willing to take it. Actually, some members prefer these jobs because they pay just as well as the more difficult ones. A house here in town has infested by giant rodents. The wife claims they are rats, the husband claims they are bats. Either way, they want them gone. Are you interested?"
The Fighter Quester goes on:
- "The bats have infested (building). Go there and kill them all and you'll get your pay. I can only give you one day to finish this one."
The Fighter Quester answers:
- "Obviously you have no love for the Fighter's Guild. I will make sure to tell them what you really think."
Exterminate the Infestation
This quest is almost identical to the non-member quest A Rat Infestation, but this time there can be either bats or rats at the building. Just head to the building in town and kill all rats or bats that appear. At every three in-game minutes there is a 60% chance that one creature will appear; there can be a maximum of seven altogether. When you have killed the last bat or rat, you get a notification:
- most of them. The Fighters Guild won't quibble over the rest.
Report back to the Fighter Quester once the building is clean. The whole task must be done within a day.
Upon your return after cleaning the building, the Fighter Quester will say:
- "Killing bats, even giant ones, doesn't take much skill, but it pays the same, eh?"
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
Any of the following:
- 7x One Bat every three in-game minutes (60% chance)
- 7x One Rat every three in-game minutes (60% chance)
- Despite the Fighter Quester describing the infested building as a "house," the target location can be a business (as there are living areas in most shops).
- Although the Fighter Quester indicates that this job pays the same as the more difficult quests of the guild, you don't actually get any reward.
- This issue is addressed by DFQFIX, which adds a random gold reward to the quest.
- While the notification for after you killed all the rats or bats is present in the questfile, it does not actually appear in the game.
- This bug is fixed by DFQFIX; the notification appears as it should.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Some idiot didn't repair his roof for a couple of months. Now she's got giant bats in her house."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Did you hear about the woman that had to abandon her home? It was overrun with giant bats and she didn't have enough gold to pay the Fighters Guild to kill them."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I heard the Fighters Guild sent some (player's race) over to kill the bats in that woman's home. Cost her a bundle, but I suppose its better than abandoning her home."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "So you killed the giant bats. Don't get too full of yourself. They were only giant bats."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "You couldn't even take care of giant bats. You are hopeless (player's name)."
|Hunt for Giant Rodents (m0b00y15)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): The Fighters Guild of (town) has asked me rid (building) of the giant rats or bats that have infested it. I have one day to get it done.|