Daggerfall:Main Quest Walkthrough
"Rest well this night, for tomorrow you sail for the Kingdom of Daggerfall."
Daggerfall begins with these words, spoken by the Emperor as he sends you to the Daggerfall region of High Rock to investigate the mysterious circumstances surrounding the death of King Lysandus. Lysandus was loyal to the Emperor, as was his wife, the former Queen Mynisera. However, his death has complicated the always troublesome political situation in the Iliac Bay. Now, Lysandus' ghost haunts the city of Daggerfall, and your mission is to find out why. Additionally, the Emperor had once sent a letter of a "sentimental and personal nature" to Mynisera. It never arrived, and he would greatly appreciate its recovery. However, your journey will be complicated by an item of power which all the major powers in the Iliac Bay are racing to get their hands on.
In this journey, you will be forced to make many choices as to who will benefit from your deeds. A word of warning: the governments and factions of the Iliac Bay are not above sending assassins to deal with those they have quarrels with, so choose your affiliations well. To be brief, the six groups you will be dealing with in the Main Quest are the Nobility of the Kingdoms of Daggerfall, Wayrest, and Sentinel, along with Gortwog of Orsinium, the King of Worms and his vile Necromancers, and the enigmatic Underking. How you treat these leaders will shape the ending of the Main Quest.
||Denotes a required path. You must complete this before starting the subsequent quest.|
||Denotes an optional path or quest.|
- Privateer's Hold: Work your way through Privateer's Hold and many of its monsters and other unfriendly residents to reach the exit.
- Instructions from the Empire: Receive a letter from Lady Brisienna via courier, and contact her in a tavern of her choice.
- Morgiah's Wedding: The Princess of Wayrest grasps for power.
- Soul of a Lich: The King of Worms needs your assistance to collect a soul.
- The Missing Prince: Lhotun wants to find his missing brother.
- Painting the Truth: Steal a painting for Queen Akorithi.
- The Ancient Watcher: A trap has been laid for the Blades.
- Medora's Freedom: Free Lysandus's lover from her tower.
- Dust of Restful Death: Find some dust to exorcise Lysandus' spirit.
- Lysandus' Revelation: Time to find out who did it.
- Lysandus' Revenge: Track down the traitor to the Empire.
- The Beast: Kill a werewolf for Cyndassa.
- The Emperor's Courier: Locate the Emperor's Courier and learn what happened to the letter.
- Orcish Emancipation : Get the Emperor's Letter for Mynisera.
- Totem, Totem, Who Gets the Totem?: Let the bidding begin.
- Journey to Aetherius: Find the Heart for one lucky leader.
- Blackmail: Prince Helseth wants you to deliver a special letter.
- Barenziah's Book: Queen Barenziah wants to suppress an unauthorized biography.
- Concern for Nulfaga: Queen Aubk-i is worried about Nulfaga.
- Mynisera's Letters: The Dowager Queen is smuggling letters out of Daggerfall.
- Elysana's Robe: Elysana requests your skills to assassinate a suitor.
- The Mantella Revealed: The Intermission.
- Elysana's Betrayal: A vicious trap awaits you.