User talk:WoahBro/Archive 3
|This is an archive of past User talk:WoahBro discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.|
You have been given a Dwarven sword!
Your dedication and diligence to the wiki has not gone unnoticed. A user has seen the progress you've made, and has given you a Dwarven sword because of it. Keep up the fight! The user had the following to say:
Hey WoahBro! About the marker_icon parameter you added to Hissmir's Guilds. We discussed it with Enodoc and he pointed that if the place is not marked on the in-game map, there should not be any marker_ containing code on the page. Do you see it differently? - Shuryard (talk) 03:41, 10 January 2015 (GMT)
- Errrrrmmmmm, I don't play ESO so I really don't know. It makes sense to have the icons (being as they are guildhalls), but I see why they weren't there. I'd leave it there for now, but it might not hurt to bring it up on a talk page somewhere (the guildhall directory page or maybe even the CP). Thanks for bringing that up! •WoahBro►talk 03:51, 10 January 2015 (GMT)
In your most recent edit you said that the information I added was "not appropriate for lore namespace". I'm not mad or anything about the revert, but where would you suggest adding that information, then? Lore:Calendar is the only calendar page there is (Skyrim:Calendar just redirects to it), so why would the information not belong there? Also, Arena and Daggerfall are the only games to have holidays, so it seems unnecessary to create a Lore and Arena page for the calendar and holidays. --Emitewiki2 (talk) 19:38, 19 January 2015 (GMT)
- Honestly, I'm not too sure if there is anywhere it would truly fit. It's not really a terrible loss of information; it's just not important enough to document that you get a message about a holiday in these games. The reason it doesn't fit in Lore:Calendar is that the Lore namespace is supposed to be as encyclopedic as possible, therefore in-game references shouldn't be included here. •WoahBro►talk 19:46, 19 January 2015 (GMT)
I was hoping if you had some time, if you wouldn't mind checking out my sandbox for Skyrim:Unarmed Combat. I've been trying to eradicate the few remaining Skyrim articles that need cleanup, and I'm starting to put the finishing touches on this one and looking for some input as to whether the sectioning is okay, the wording, and whether I've covered every aspect of the topic (I think so, but I'm not 100% sure).
- I'll admit I'm not overly familiar with Skyrim page style/formatting, but I did find a few things I would fix. For one thing, there should be more double-tier headings, i.e. ==xx= headers instead of ===xx=== headers (is that clear?) For example, the Notes section should have the first of the two headings. The other thing I would do is to try and find an image or two, maybe even three of unarmed fighting, but they should be different. Like, maybe one of an NPC fighting the PC in 1st person and another of two NPCs fighting each other. Hope this helps! •WoahBro►talk 20:17, 19 January 2015 (GMT)
please help me out
- Well, what do you need help with? A lot of what you need to know can be found in the Welcome message I've left for you. For example, Policies and Guidelines, Help Contents, and Quick Editing Guide are great places to start. You can read through those links and any other related links that you might need. Also, contacting a mentor is another idea for further help. One last thing, please don't forget to sign talk page posts by using four tildes (~~~~) so we know who/when made a post. Hopes this helps some! •WoahBro►talk 18:29, 1 February 2015 (GMT)
Not very good
I'm not being helped any quicker when you remove my question, seriously, place yourself in my shoes, it's frustrating to see the question you asked be deleted because you can't PROGRESS in a video game. Just because it's identical to my other question? Isn't that a bunch of bull? That means rephrasing it to sound entirely different but still the same question is allowed? That's indeed bull. Now try to place yourself in my shoes.— Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 17:56 on 16 April 2015
- Which edit are you talking about? This one? If so, there was no need to create an identical post on a user's talk page (who hasn't even been fully active since September) because your post, for one thing, is identical. It was also seen in the Recent Changes, as was my revert on the talk page. Therefore, your issue was definitely known and seen by users who look, and you even got a response!
- On another note, you need to calm your tone. You sound demanding and aggressive which isn't pleasant to deal with. I understand that you're frustrated--I see that. However, you're bound to get even better service if you're calmer and politer. Thanks! •WoahBro►talk 22:06, 16 April 2015 (GMT)
You can't tell emotion through letters, if you can, I applaud you! (BTW It's your choice as a human to see things as demanding, probably because you want me to sound like that subconsciously you think I am) It's very unnecessary to say things like this at the end of your comment my friend, it's common sense, and I assume you know other people to know this beforehand, however since I am only interested in the video game and nothing more at all, I say goodbye, and probably won't respond to your response. Unsigned, yours truly IP adress guy.
Thanks for the welcome. I'm a patroller on another TES series website which I won't link or say. So, I have a lot of knowledge on editing, though we can always improve. Nephmir (talk) 20:35, 8 June 2015 (UTC)
- LOL! We do allow naming and linking to TESWiki, assuming that's the one you mean. Heck, some of us have even been known to edit there on rare occasions. :) If it's another one than that, I'd actually encourage you to post about it, since us and TESWiki are the only two you usually hear about. – Robin Hood (talk) 02:08, 9 June 2015 (UTC)
- It is TES wiki lol. I didn't know if we're allowed to link the website or not. *edit I wasn't signed in when i made this message. Nephmir (talk) 17:40, 9 June 2015 (UTC)
Hey brother, you helped sex up my recent update to the Sarys Ancestral Tomb page. Wanted to say thanks for that. On a more recent note though, I've got a question about editing the Dunmer Names page. The Sarys family still only has three hyperlinks to family members. It's missing Athal Sarys. I've looked at the edit option to try and just follow that format, but then it just creates a hyperlink under the character "4" to the Venim Ancestral Tomb page. How can I get this to work? What am I missing? Does Athal need to have his/her own page? I've looked at the sandbox and messed around I it, yet still can't seem to figure it out. Any idea? Secret Magic User (talk) 12:10, 2 September 2015 (UTC)
- I'm not exactly sure I know what you're talking about, but I think you want to create a link under the Sarys family name in the Morrowind section for Athal? If so, I don't think he would be included under that section because he is a character from Lore, not Morrowind. If at all, he would be listed down there. •WoahBro►talk 12:28, 2 September 2015 (UTC)