Hello! Welcome to UESPWiki. It's always good to have new members. If you would like to help improve any of our pages, you may want to take a look at the following links:
- Policies and Guidelines: UESPWiki standards and expectations
- Quick Editing Guide: a quick guide to wiki markup
- Getting Started: how you can help
If you, on the other hand, would like to spice up your userpage, take a look at this link:
- Userboxes: near complete list of userboxes, including a guide to make your own
When you're editing, it's always a good idea to leave edit summaries to explain the changes you have made to a particular page, and remember to sign your talk page posts with four tildes ~~~~. Also, the "show preview" button is a great way to view the changes you've made so far without actually saving the page (our patrollers really appreciate it!).
- Thank you Velyanthe! Much appreciated, both the welcome and the shadowing, you've been helpful in correcting my oversights and mistakes. (: --GodRaine 220.127.116.11 PC 01:40, 26 February 2012 (UTC)
- Not a problem! I might also point out that you've been adding "no" to the lines that say essential= and respawn= on NPC pages. While it is true that they are non-essential, etc., those should be left empty—that way, they won't show up at all on the NPC's page, and it will be implied that they are not essential. That's the way all Skyrim NPCs have been marked so far.
- But don't worry over any of it. There's a learning curve to the wiki for everyone, and your contributions have been helpful so far :) --Velyanthe 01:43, 26 February 2012 (UTC)
- I noticed that after you corrected it twice; I understand now. Thanks. (: --GodRaine 18.104.22.168 PC 01:47, 26 February 2012 (UTC)
Hey GodRaine, I am finding issues with all of your recent uploads. Particularly with your naming scheme. For example, an NPC's image should be called SR-npc-Whatever.jpg, not SR-NPC-Whatever.jpg. And generally speaking, all in-game images should be uploaded as jpgs, not pngs. Also, you seem to be taking head shots of NPCs, which our existing style doesn't support. Take a look at Category:Skyrim-NPC Images, and you'll see almost all of them are done as full-body images. Please read over Help:Images for more information, and feel free to ask me if you have any further questions. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 02:48, 27 July 2013 (GMT)
- Hi AKB! Thanks for pointing out those items - now that I recall I have seen others go back into my uploads and change it from NPC to npc; I'll make sure that I follow that from now on. The one .png that I uploaded there was a mistake - it definitely should have been a jpg - and I wanted to reupload it, but the filename assigned to it was already .png on the Wiki, and I didn't feel like deleting the image and starting over. Sorry about that! Your advice is most helpful and I'll make sure I follow along with these guidelines a lot more closely. Thank you! GodRaineTalk 02:53, 27 July 2013 (GMT)
Hiya, GodRaine! I noticed you have been inactive since the 10th of August, and it is now the 28th of September, so I am moving your requests from the Image Requests page to this section for now, until you return. That way, you can simply move them back to the page when you are active again.
Article: Skyrim:Drevis Neloren
- A quest image of Drevis lecturing in the Hall of the Elements.
Article: Skyrim:Colette Marence
- A quest image of Colette Marence lecturing in the Hall of the Elements. (From the front; sorry!)
- A quest image of Faralda lecturing in the Hall of the Elements.
Article: Skyrim:Phinis Gestor
- A quest image of Phinis lecturing in the Hall of the Elements.
Article: Skyrim:Urag gro-Shub
- A quest image of Urag lecturing in the Hall of the Elements.
All of these should ideally also be on the Skyrim:College of Winterhold (place) page, as well.