Not a Nord
This guy isn't a nord. Is he? He's like 8 feet tall!--184.108.40.206 10:47, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
- He's just a regular nord, only bethesda increased his scale in the creation kit. Jyggorath 17:12, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
Tsun as in the god?
I don't know it this is true or not. But Tsun seems to fit the bill for Tsun, Nordic god of trials against adversity. I maybe wrong but it seems pretty clear from his dialogue (To me at least) he is the Nordic god in Lore. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 09:11 on 3 December 2011
- He also resembles Heimdallr (Hemidall), the guardian of the rainbow bridge to Asgard; home of the gods and the halls of Vahalla, which Sovengrade resembles greatly.--Zar Pof 23:41, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- Nord culture superficially resembles Scandinavian culture...now I am not saying they aren't somewhat based on them but I have looked at Tsun on the lore page. Pretty clear if you ask me that Tsun in Skyrim is the actual god in the Nordic pantheon. Unless someone thinks otherwise I think a note should be made on it. --Lore Master 23:56, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
For those taking a more stealthy bent to their characters, I want to point out that Tsun is immune to all forms of shouting, and is ridiculously difficult to lose sight of/sneak up on, making it incredibly difficult without altering the difficulty, stocking up on stupidly strong poisons, or spending a lot of time running. 18.104.22.168 14:42, 14 January 2012 (UTC)
- The Slow Time shout is effective when fighting him. I used the full 3 word shout on him, and was able to defeat him before he could even take a swing. --Xyzzy 16:51, 27 April 2012 (UTC)
need help defeating tsun?
This guy is extremely difficult to beat if you are a low level or high, but there is a trick to beating him very easily; I beat him in 3 MINUTES by doing so. Your going to equip a one handed Weapon and equip your other hand with Any type of destruction spell (frost or fire are recommended. After he asks you to prove your fighting abilities, start using your magic on him and Run down into the water on the left side of the bridge facing the way that you came. Run into the water and use magica the whole time to defeat him ( he will get stuck in the water. After his health is lowered to half, he will grant you access to the temple. Hope this helps. Chris 22.214.171.124 16:55, 21 January 2012 (UTC)
- A tactic that worked for me was to run around the skelton's right hand/flipper and stand upon the bones up the arm, before he even draws his weapon. From there, I simply lured him into a clear line of sight (without compromising my safezone), and let loose with arrows, though I'm sure magic would work just as well. Took me 2 minutes on Master difficulty with steel arrows and an Elven bow, maybe less --Draconeo 16:33, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
Can you pickpocket his armor with the Perfect touch perk? Critias 03:33, 26 January 2012 (UTC)
- No, because he is an essential NPC, The Armor can be worn if added per console, but will hover in the air when dropped - looks like it wasn't meant for the player. --Alfwyn 20:42, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
I have cataloged three of the possible responses when I passed by Tsun on my latest character.
Default (available to all): By right of birth. I am Dragonborn.
Tsun: Ah! It's been too long since I faced a doom-driven hero of the dragon blood.
Companions: By right of glory. I lead the Companions of Jorrvaskr.
Tsun: I welcome the chance to challenge the blade of Ysgramor's heir, honored shield-brother to Kodlak Whitemane, whom I've watched for in vain.
Dark Brotherhood: By right of blood. I Listen for the Night Mother.
Tsun: You trespass here, shadow-walker. Shor does not know you. Perhaps before the end you will earn the right to pass this way. Welcome I do not offer, but your errand I will not hinder, if my wrath you can withstand. — Unsigned comment by Cyrus Amell (talk • contribs) at 01:00 on 7 February 2012 (GMT)
- You can get the rest of the responses here:Sovngarde talk page. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 08:46 on 11 February 2012
Ragdolling tsun - moved from article
*He is susceptible to ragdoll physics if hit with Shield Charge.
- I can verify this; I did this a few minutes ago in fact. My intent was actually to see if I could throw him off the cliff. Unrelenting Force did not work, but shield charge did. If he falls down the cliff you'll get an update after a few seconds that you are able to enter the hall. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 05:12 on 23 May 2014 (GMT)
I don't know if it's possible with the paralyze spell, but with 100 archery, and the perk that comes with it, he became paralyzed when I shot him. It was quite useful- He rolled right off the cliff!— Unsigned comment by Itssnowing (talk • contribs) at 22:44 on 17 December 2012
Use Ice Form to freeze him.
Stagger/ragdoll/paralyze - moved from article
Tsun can only be paralyzed with the Ash Shell spell, the Ice Form shout, and the Paralyze spell. He can only be ragdolled with the Vampiric Grip power, and the Whirlwind Cloak spell. [verification needed — Ash Shell and Whirlwind Cloak need verification] He can only be staggered with power attacks and with appropriate stagger shouts.
When Unrelenting Force is used on Tsun, it seems to pass right through him without him staggering or getting ragdolled.
- He has the keyword ImmuneStrongUnrelentingForce, which appears to make him completely immune to this shout. I don't see anything else in his CSList entry that would make him immune to anything else. --Xyzzy Talk 16:10, 20 July 2013 (GMT)
Attacking early/tossing off bridge
So I just tried attacking him on sight and throwing him off the bridge with Vampiric Grip. After sending him to his doom without a word to him, the quest instantly updated to "Enter the Hall of Valor". I'd like to make a note on the page about attacking him early and/or throwing him off to skip dialogue with him, so that players know it won't bug the quest. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 22:44 on 22 March 2017 (UTC)
- That's interesting. I remember doing the exact same thing on xbox, but instead he spawned back inside the Hall of Valor, walked out non-hostile, and stood by the bridge again. It didn't bypass for me. --Jimeee (talk) 09:35, 23 March 2017 (UTC)