He claims that he is an "Obtainer of goods, taker of lives, and defiler of daughters." The nature of the encounter implies that he is either a merchant, soldier, and womanizer, or a thief, murderer, and rapist. Of the three hostages, he is the only one who actually remains calm when faced with his imminent death.
- With Friends Like These...: Repay your debt to the Family, and show you are willing to kill on command.
As you approach him for the first time, Vasha will offer you:
- "Tell you what. You release me, and I promise my associates won't hunt you down like an animal and butcher you in the street. It's a win-win."
At other times, he can be found saying:
- "Whoever this is, clearly we got off on the wrong foot. Ah, but no worries. This is not the first time I have been bagged and dragged."
- "Come now. Whatever the problem, we can talk about it like civilized folk. Hmm?"
- "Hello? Hello? Ah, I know you're listening."
- "A man in my position makes lots of enemies. But what is a life-threatening situation if not an opportunity for mutual benefit? Hmmm?"
- "You'll let me go. I know you will. This is all just part of the game we play..."
When spoken to directly:
- Who are you?
- "Ahhh... Vasha, at your service. Obtainer of goods, taker of lives, and defiler of daughters. Have you not heard of me? Perhaps I will have my people carve my name in your corpse, as a reminder."
- Would someone pay to have you killed?
- "Me? Ha! Are you serious?"
You have two dialogue options:
|Answer me, or I'll paint this room with your blood! (Intimidate)||"Fool! Don't you get it? I live in the shadow of death every day. A knife in every doorway, a nocked arrow on every rooftop! If one of my enemies wouldn't pay to have me killed, I'd take it as a personal insult."|
|Come on, you can tell me. We're all friends here. (Persuade)||"He he he he he he he. The real question is, "Would someone pay to have me killed... again." A day goes by without someone trying to gut me in the street, I get disappointed."|
If you kill him he will scream:
If you choose to kill Astrid instead, you can choose to listen to Vasha saying:
- "Come now, my friend. Haven't we played this game long enough? Untie me, and we can all go our separate ways."
- (Cut the captive's bonds)
- "Ah, you see? That wasn't so hard, now was it? Let's the two of us just forget we ever met, hmm?"
Any time you talk to him after release, he will thank you with:
- "Ah, sweet freedom. Now that's more like it. You have my thanks, stranger."
- Despite his claims of having his associates "hunt you down like an animal and butcher you in the street", no one will be sent after you should you kill Vasha.
- He is the only one of the hostages who will not comment on another captive's death.