Skyrim:High King Torygg
|High King Torygg
|Faction(s)||FavorExcludedFaction; MQ304LostSoulFaction; Override normal combat dialogue|
High King Torygg was the Jarl of Solitude and High King of Skyrim until his death at the hands of Ulfric Stormcloak in 4E 201, signalling the start of the Stormcloak Rebellion. For more information, see the main lore article.
If you encounter him in Sovngarde:
- "When Ulfric Stormcloak, with savage Shout, sent me here, my sole regret was fair Elisif, left forlorn and weeping. I faced him fearlessly - my fate inescapable, yet my honor is unstained - can Ulfric say the same?"
If you encounter him before Alduin has been defeated, Torygg may say:
- "Beware! The World-Eater waits within the mist!"
- "Do you know the way? I'm weary and lost."
- "Turn back! Before he finds you!"
- "There is no escape. Courage is useless."
If you encounter him after Alduin is defeated:
- "The mist is gone! A glorious day!"
- "The World-Eater is dead! The way is now clear!"
- "All hail the Dragonborn! Hail him/her with great praise!"
- "You saved us all. We will sing of you forever."