|Primary Skills||Heavy Armor, One-handed, Archery, Block|
|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionReach; Favor017QuestGiverFaction; FavorJobsDrunksFaction; MarkarthCosnachFaction; MarkarthDoubterFaction; MarkarthSilverBloodInnFaction; MarkarthSilverBloodPatronFaction; MarkarthWarrensTenantsFaction; PotentialFollowerFaction; PotentialMarriageFaction; TownMarkarthFaction|
Cosnach is a drunken Breton warrior who is usually found at the bar in the Silver-Blood Inn. He is a porter for the Arnleif and Sons Trading Company, which can be found directly across the path from the Silver-Blood Inn. Cosnach thinks himself a good worker, but his employer, Lisbet, complains about his constant drinking and says the only reason she doesn't fire him is because his cousin Imedhnain is her assistant. He claims that the reason he spends all his time drinking is the multiple Forsworn raids on supply caravans, hurting business.
Cosnach gets up at 8am, and proceeds straight to the Silver-Blood Inn, where he spends the next 16 hours drinking. At midnight he will finally stop drinking and walk to his bed in the Warrens to sleep; before repeating his schedule the following day.
You can offer him an alcoholic beverage for which he will be grateful. If you accept his offer of a brawl and win, he will become an available follower and can be recruited for the Blades. He also becomes a potential marriage partner.
- The Forsworn Conspiracy: Investigate a murder in Markarth to discover a sinister plot surrounding the Forsworn.
- The Bonds of Matrimony: Find someone in Skyrim to marry.
- Fight! Fight!: Prove your strength by wagering on a fist fight with another. (radiant)
- Quest all Drunks Have: Make a drunk dance for joy. (radiant)
- Rebuilding the Blades: Recruit new members for the Blades.
If you talk to him about his mentioned bet:
- You say something about a bet?
- "I'm drunk, and it's been a while since I had a good fight. A hundred septims says I can take ya, bare-handed."
- I've got better things to do.
- "Milk drinker."
- You're on. (Brawl - 100 gold)
- "That's the spirit! Let's go."
Should you accept his bet without 100 gold in your possession:
- "Hey, I may have had a few, but I can still count. You don't have a hundred septims on you."
When you have defeated him in hand-to-hand, he will get up and say:
- "Wait, I can still fight. No, no I can't."
When he hands you the prize, he will dryly state:
- "Fair fight. Here you are."
He is now available as a follower and is a potential candidate for marriage.
The Forsworn Conspiracy
- Does a woman named Margret stay here? (If she is alive)
- "Oh yeah. Pretty little thing. Been sitting by the fire all day."
- Did a woman named Margret stay here? (If she is dead)
- "Oh yeah. Pretty little thing. Had a room here I think. Ask the innkeeper."
When approached he can say:
- ""Check the shipments" Lisbet says. "There are no shipments" I says."
- "There's no shipments coming in, so I do nothing. Just drink."
- "No breaks for a good worker out here."
When spoken to directly:
- So where do you work?
- "Arnleif and Sons Trading Company. I'm a porter. Just some muscle hired to move heavy packages. But we don't get any shipments in. Forsworn attack every caravan. So all I do is sit here and drink."
When greeting you, he might ask:
- "You a fighting man/girl? How about a little bet?"
He can exit conversations with:
- "I think I'm going to get another drink."
Cosnach: "No shipments have come in."
Lisbet: "What do I pay you for, to stand around all day? You're supposed to be bringing goods to the store."
Cosnach: "There are no goods to bring to the store. That's what I'm saying."
Lisbet: "Lazy oaf."
Lisbet: "Where are my goods? Did the shipment come in?"
Cosnach: "Only a few things came today. Cedran said he'd drop it off later."
Lisbet: "Cedran said he'd... what am I paying you for? Next time, you bring the shipment in yourself."
Degaine: "Give us a coin, Cosnach. You'll just spend it on cheap ale, anyway."
Cosnach: "Like you won't do different?"
Degaine: "I'm a cripple. I have a reason to be drinking."
Cosnach: "And I'm a porter with no shipments coming in. You're not getting any coin from me, Degaine."
Cosnach: "How did you manage to cripple yourself, Degaine?"
Degaine: "Mining accident, back when I was in prison for being a pickpocket."
Cosnach: "You're lying. You're not quick enough to be a pickpocket. What's the real reason?"
Degaine: "Fell off the top of the cliff after a drunken party with the priestesses of Dibella."
Cosnach: "I don't buy that story, either."
Degaine: "Too bad. That one's my favorite."
Kleppr: "Another drink, Cosnach? A porter with Arnleif and Sons deserves nothing but the finest here."
Cosnach: "All your drinks are watered down, Kleppr. You aren't fooling me, and you know Lisbet can't afford to pay me enough for the finest drinks anyhow."
Kleppr: "I wasn't aware that Lisbet was having trouble, Cosnach. Is Arnleif and Sons not doing a good turn of business these days?"
Cosnach: "What are you, blind? That store is empty. Forsworn get almost every shipment that comes in."
Kleppr: "That's just terrible. I'm so sorry to hear that."
Cosnach: "No you aren't."
- Although his default gear is light armor, Cosnach is actually more proficient in heavy armor.
- The option to give Cosnach an alcoholic drink never goes away. Even if he is an active follower, you can give him a drink any time during your travels. The drink(s) can be taken from his inventory later if desired.
- Cosnach can still have the "So where do you work?" dialogue option even if he is married to you, and obviously no longer working for Lisbet.