|Primary Skills||Destruction, Illusion, Heavy Armor, One-handed|
|Protected||Yes, until he attacks during Coming of Age|
Beem-Ja wears blue mage robes, gloves, boots, and a leveled enchanted ring. He carries four torches, a leveled staff, a leveled enchanted circlet of Destruction, the Conjuration skill book 2920, Frostfall, v10, a letter from Salma's father, and a small amount of gold.
As you arrive at Ironbind Barrow, you will notice Beem-Ja and Salma at their campsite and overhear them argue about whether to enter the barrow.
- Salma: "How can you just sit here and wait? We should be in there!"
- Beem-Ja: "We must gather our strength. Who knows what's inside?"
- Salma: "Treasure, that's what! Get off your scaly rump and let's go."
- Beem-Ja: "Hush, Salma. We aren't alone."
If you approach him after this conversation, he'll direct you to talk to Salma and express frustration.
- "Speak with Miss Salma, if you wish to speak."
- "I grow tired of debating this. If Miss Salma insists on this folly, so be it."
- "I admit, there is strength in numbers. Perhaps between us..."
After telling Salma that you plan on entering the barrow, Beem-Ja and Salma will run into the barrow with you.
If you attempt to talk to him while in the barrow, he will say:
- "We're in this together. Stay close."
- "This is no time for idle talk."
- "Not now. Stay alert."
Once you clear out the spiders in the ice caves and approach the tomb, he will say:
- "This is it. We've found Gathrik's tomb."
As you approach the closed gate ahead, he will say:
- "Well? There must be a way through. Look around."
After you progress further through the tomb and enter a hallway with a helmet on a pedestal, he will caution you:
- "Don't rush ahead. This is a trap if I ever saw one."
As you get close to the final chamber, Beem-Ja will continue to reveal suspicious knowledge about the barrow.
- Beem-Ja: "This is it! Gathrik awaits us!"
- Salma: "What are you on about? Let's just get the treasure here and go."
After Gathrik is defeated, Beem-Ja will run up to you and reveal his true colors:
- "Fool. I should thank you. I knew the girl wouldn't be strong enough to help me kill Gathrik alone.
There's just one more thing I need from you. To fully absorb Gathrik's power I require a blood sacrifice.
Your blood should be good enough. This will go easier for us both if you don't bother fighting back."
He will then proceed to attack you and you will have no choice but to kill him.
- The letter from Salma's father implies that Beem-Ja is in service to Salma's family.
- After he becomes aggressive, sheathing your weapons may cause Beem-Ja to become non-aggressive again. Gathrik's corpse will remain floating in the air surrounded by magic, and Salma does not disappear upon leaving the barrow. Instead Salma and Beem-Ja will return to the entrance of the area where you first found them. Salma is permanently aggressive towards Beem-Ja, however, and will attack him on sight.
- Beem-Ja may equip the circlet he carries, and as he carries no other clothes or armor, his robes will be removed as they need a head slot. This results in him appearing naked.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.3.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.